Chapter17

After two months of pre marital counseling from Father Ezra at the cathedral we attended, after two months of planning with the wedding planner, after two weeks of wedding rehearsals to make sure that everything was perfect, today was finally the big day.

I was finally getting married to the love of my life. It was such a hard toil for me these past few months. I was taking care of my baby, going to pre marital counseling with Elijah, doing wedding rehearsals and studying and sitting my law final exams. With the help of God I persevered. Today was my day and I wanted to enjoy it and savor every moment with the man I would spend the rest of my life with.

He didn't believe in silly traditions so he wanted to see me before I walked down the aisle.

"Alyssa come on, open the door I wanna see you."

"Elijah for the final time no," I chuckled.

"Fine but I just wanted to tell you something."

"Go away," I chuckled as my hairstylist and make up artist laughed at him. I heard the sound of his Italian loafers fading and I breathed a sigh of relief.

When my hairstylist finished my hair and I looked at myself in the mirror. I couldn't believe how natural and angelic I looked. My makeup was well done but natural with neutral tones and my hair was done in a bun with two curly tendrils falling in my face.

It was about twelve noon now, the wedding started at one p.m. so I had to be there before the allotted time.

I gathered that by now Elijah must have gone to the church to get things ready and get in formation.

I gave myself a little pep talk in the mirror before I removed the robe revealing me in my white lace strapless bra and matching panties. Now it was time for me to put on my wedding dress. It was designed by Bulgari and was picked out by me and my friends.

I opened my closet to reveal my dream dress stashed away at the back protected by a large plastic covering. I gently took down the hanger from the closet then I removed the covering and took the dress off the hanger. I stepped into the strapless white floor length dress carefully. The top part of the dress was lace and transitioned into the silk fabric that flared as it reached my waist. The back was corseted and was used to tighten the dress. My hairstylist helped me step into the replica of the glass slippers that my fiancé had made for me. It lit up in the dark and I didn't even want to know how much it cost to get it done.

If I thought I looked angelic before then you didn't want to see me now all dressed in my elegant white dress. Even my face was white as sheet as the nerves ate me up. Well, probably not that white just ghostly.

My veil was being transported to the limo that waited for me outside to take me to the cathedral. My father texted me to let me know that he had arrived and it suddenly became more real to me. There was no one in the house, as everyone was at church waiting on me. No one except for me and my glam team.

I stared at myself in the mirror again and this time my eighteen year old self looked back at me. I never once imagined that when I met this man, four years later I would be the mother to his child and now become his wife. In fact if you had told me that four years ago, I probably would've laughed at you and called you stupid.

My eighteen year old self smiled proudly before she winked and dissipated and I saw my reality in front of me again.

Not wanting to waste anymore time, I grabbed everything that I needed as I was escorted to the limo by Grant my designated driver.