Chapter 16

Alyssa

I stretched as I felt the morning sun creep through the blinds. I was so happy from last night I think I squealed in my sleep. I opened my eyes slowly hoping to see my fiancé laying beside me, instead I see Dante laying in front of me on my bed propped on his elbow. I screamed before falling off the bed as he laughed at me.

I slapped him hard. "Get away nuh." I shook my head. "I honestly don't know why you're so immature."

"Say that again," he said teasing me.

I kissed my teeth, "Boy leave me alone. Where is Elijah?"

"He's in the nursery," he answered while still on my bed playing with the ruffles of the pillowcase.

I stay looking at him tapping my right foot, "Get out so I can change."

"Alright. Congratulations on the engagement," he smiled before he kissed my cheek. "You're like my sister now, even more reason to tease you," he winked before leaving the room. I can't even stay mad at that fool.

I was ecstatic about everything currently happening in my life. I was a mother, I was engaged and in a few months I would obtain my law degree. Life was good, for now.

I'm a very pessimistic individual so I live on the mantra that nothing lasts for ever.

When I entered the nursery I saw Elijah talking to Matteo as he held him in his arms, so I stopped at the doorway to listen.

"I can't wait until you grow up, there's so much I want to teach you so I can protect you from this wicked world," he said to our son. I rolled my eyes playfully knowing that he and his brothers were as wicked as they come.

I walked fully into the room smiling at my boys.

"Good morning," I said to him and he bent his head and pecked my lips.

"Your beautiful mama has awoken," he whispered to a sleeping Matteo.

"Elijah I think he's sleeping," I giggled.

"Guess he just solidified that I am a boring person," he said. "Except from in the bedroom of course," he joked raising his eyebrows then I slapped his arm and rolled my eyes playfully.

"Thank you so much for doing this, I was so tired."

"No prob-"

"He didn't do anything Ms. Alyssa, I did," Bettina interrupted in her heavy Italian accent.

Elijah gave her a look and I saw her retreat in her shell.

"Thank you Bettina." I directed my attention to Elijah. "Trust me next time he'll do everything himself."

She nodded before she left the room hurriedly.

I honestly don't know why people are so afraid of Elijah, that is until he puts on his hard ass face.

"I will learn, but it's so hard I couldn't even wipe his ass properly I needed help."

"And that's fine but you still need to learn," I pecked his cheek.

"You need to take your ring off when you clean his ass, his shit just overflows," he expressed.