Chapter 26

Alyssa

It took a week for the smile I usually wore to find its way back home, onto my face. No matter what I did, I couldn't stop thinking about what Silvio did to me. Our family doctor had to detox my body of the drugs he pumped into it during my final week there. Slowly but surely I was returning to normal and there was no one but God to thank for that.

Today was a Sunday, which meant that we had mass to attend. I was already dressed and waiting on Elijah to take us there.

When he stepped out of the bathroom looking dapper as usual, the ache between my thighs reminded me of a few days ago and how connected we were.

He took one look at me before his face graced with that sexy half smile he always did.

He leaned in and captured my lips into a sweet kiss which soon turned needy. His hands slid up my thighs underneath my dress and when he tried to make a hole in my pantyhose I stopped him.

"Elijah, we have mass in half an hour, behave," I scolded, even though my body was buzzing with adrenaline.

He smiled devilishly, "It does something to me when you're in your church dress," he admitted.

I cock a brow, "You're just a pagan," I respond fixing my hair in front of the mirror only to squeal when he grabbed my ass.

"Let's go before I skip church and make love to you for the rest of the day," he makes a big show out of licking his lips.

"Boy please," I said pushing pass him and walking ahead of him with an extra bounce in my step.

In a few minutes we were at church and seated in the pews with Matteo who was sitting on Elijah's lap frowning.

Elijah laughed and pressed a kiss to his cheek, "Matteo you look ridiculous, why the hell did your mama dress you like this?"

This caused his uncles to look over at him laughing.

"He does not. He looks very cute," I said. "And don't say hell in church."

I took my phone out and snapped a couple pictures of them.

"Baby, no kid of mine will walk around looking like yarns. No wonder he's frowning. I'll dress him for church next time," he insists.

"Don't worry little man, you'll be home soon to take them off," Santino said to him. He tickled Matteo's belly and his frowning contorted into a gummy smile.

My heart melted and turned into a puddle as I watched him. I would do anything for him.

Vincent and Isabella entered the cathedral with secretive looks on their faces as they sat in the pews behind us. I just know that they were doing the nasty before church.

~

After mass, we took the trip to the family home for Sunday dinner.

Teresa and Isabella occupied the kitchen cooking up a storm while I watched Matteo as he fed himself on my lap. Lately he didn't want me holding his bottle for him reminding me further that he was growing up.