Chapter 29

Alyssa

Seven years and no one changed, they were all the same wore the same smiles, had the same personalities. It seemed as if time had stood still waiting for us to come home. I missed it here, I had so much to do so many persons to see. Obviously life wouldn't fall back into place but I'm happy to be here again.

After seeing the Rossini's yesterday, today I'm having lunch with my friends.

Jada squealed when she saw me and Amanda beamed brightly as they both stood from their chairs to greet me in a tight knit hug.

"I missed you guys so much."

We pulled apart and sat down and Jada waved the waiter over. After we ordered the waiter went on his way.

"You look so glowing and healthy," Amanda grins brightly at me.

"I am, Portugal was good for me, Elijah was good to me," I sighed before smiling.

"No wonder you had another child," Jada said.

"Girl leave me alone. I've been back on my pill after having JT so no more kids... for now at least," I said and they laughed.

"So what's up with you guys?" I asked.

"Well... I married Nate and we have a one year old son named Mason," Amanda gushes. She takes her purse out and shows me the picture of her son.

"Aww he's cute." I turned to Jada. "What about you? Are you and Dante...?"

"Girl please. That's been over for a while now," she sipped her water right after.

"Wow, I always thought you and him were secretly in love," I replied honestly.

She chuckles bitterly, "The only thing Dante loves about me is my pussy and he doesn't love it anymore either. But I'm dating someone so I'm over him."

"Are you really?" Amanda and I studied her intensely.

"I have to be, I don't have a choice," she smiles sadly just as the waiter serves our meal and fills our glasses of wine for us.

"Let's buss a toast to friendship," I said.

"To friendship," my friends repeated then we clinked our glasses.

Later that same week I took a trip with my sons to see my mother and father who'd flown in.

My mother now had a new house and she was living happy and comfortably with her surgeon husband.

My mother greeted me with warmth and love right through her hug. She looked the same for the most part, but I did notice that she was getting some streaks of gray in the front of her hair. She's trying to hide it with the copper sunset dye.

My father threw his arms around me as he spun me and kissed me. Tracy was next and then my fifteen and fourteen year old brother and sister were next. Happy tears streaked my face as I realized I had missed yet another stage of them growing up.

I had no choice I had to leave or else I wouldn't be able to save my husband.

My mother and father were so pleased to see the new addition to my family. Mother took the boys under her care for the day.

I met her husband, Robert Hastings. He was handsome in that old man type of way and I just knew he was sitting on money with his big gut. Most rich old men have big guts. 

And this new house is nice as hell now that I mention money.

Let's just say that I was happy that both of my parents were happy and living their best lives. And they're gonna have even better lives when they start getting my law earnings. Yes I was called to the bar and I'm a certified tort lawyer and I owe it all to my parents.

I had such a great time today and it feels really good to know that everyone carried on with their lives even though they missed me. My friends were happy, my family was happy and there's nothing more I could ask for.

I received a text from Elijah when I was driving home with an unknown location telling me to meet him there.

If I had to guess what it was he was gonna show me, it would predict it must be our new house. Elijah and I have been living at one of his apartment complexes in town since there was no way we were going back to the old house. It's not like we had a choice anyways because Vincent had sold it to make it seem as if we were gone for good.

I arrived at the location where he said and I opened the door for the two boys to jump out from the back. It feels so good to be a mother, to know I have someone to take care of and nurture makes me feel so important and like I have the most necessary role to fulfill in the world.

I gasped as I looked at the beautiful house that was staring back at me. It was more homey and children friendly than the other one. This one had a sandlot, a swimming pool, a basketball court, a woods near by where we could camp and a swing.

Elijah met us at the entrance of the house with his real estate agent, Sarah, who shook his hand to signal the closed deal before she left. I jumped into his arms and he hugged me to his side and kissed my temple.

"Do you like it?" He asks.

"I love it, this is wonderful Elijah. I can't wait till we make memories in there," I whispered in his ear and he groaned.

"Baby don't," he mumbles then he kisses my underneath my ear and bites my earlobe.

Elijah stooped down to the level of our kids, who were looking around the house excitedly.

"You guys like it? I bought it for us it's our new home."

"It's really cool dad," Matteo responds. Elijah looked to JT for his answer. He was quiet today because he got in trouble with Elijah this morning.

"I like it," he gave a little smile and Elijah ruffled his curly head while I stood by watching them.

He stood up from his stance and held their hands as we went inside. We looked around the house, and visited each and every one of the ten bedrooms. It turns out our stuff was already brought here and the place has been building from scratch since we were in Portugal.

Can you guess my favorite room? The kitchen was as big as the living room in my house back in Brooklyn. I couldn't wait to prepare meals in here for my family.

Life was good and I never thought it'd get here. I had everything I needed right here in this house.

______________________________________