Chapter 2

Alyssa

I sent my literature assignment to Mr. Harrison right away before shutting down my laptop. I laid back relaxing in my bed wrapped up in a comforter due to the coldness in Canada.

I've been here for a month now staying with an old friend of mine from Florida. She has an extra room in her apartment that luckily she told me I could stay in.

I really liked it in Canada, it was so quiet and everyone minded their business. There were no gangs or anything of that nature for me to be scared of. I might just stay here forever.

Shakera had gone to classes. I rarely ever saw her as she was at classes in the day and working at night. I mostly saw her if I wasn't too tired at the hours she comes in and we'd talk until she went to bed.

I paid rent for the room which was an affordable amount of money. After my parents stopped paying my dorm bills, they wired that money to my account regardless and I was most grateful for it now.

Even though Canada was quiet and peaceful, it was also the most boring place. Mostly old people lived here and everyone was either at work or school.

Because I had nothing to do, all I did was eat and watch "Boy Meets World", a favorite sitcom of mine.

I ordered a large meat lovers pizza, without the pork of course for lunch. In the meantime, I munched on ice cream and pickles.

I've been eating a lot since I've been here, mostly because of my predicament.

I heard the knocking of the front door, so I took up my purse right away as I couldn't wait to get my pizza.

I was checking the money when I opened the door sporting the biggest smile ever, however it immediately dropped and my jaw slackened.

I looked from the black shiny Italian loafers, to the well fitted blue slacks up to the white dress shirt and the blue blazer over it and I became as white as a sheet when I saw his face.

Oh shit.

What the fuck is he doing here?

I'm so fucked.

I tried to close the door immediately but his foot came just in time to halt my actions.

"Hello Alyssa, missed me?" He asked smirking sinisterly.

"What are you doing here?"

"So no... how are you doing?"

"I don't have time..." he chuckled dryly interrupting me.

"Well you better make time today. Let me in Alyssa, we have important matters to be discussed."

He fixed his cuff links and I took the time out to study him. He was dressed well as usual, his suit was tailored and his face adorned a thin mustache above his lip and it made him look mature and finer than usual.

I stayed looking at him unmoving. I don't know if it was because I was scared or because I liked being defiant.

"What are you doing here?"