22

Jennie's POV

I don't know what happened. Dad was here but Mom wasn't mad. We were all in the living room when Dad spoke.

"I'm planning to bring them to California. They will continue their studies there. Jennie was so stubborn, I think she'll behave there." Dad said.

"What? No! They'll stay here with me" Mom said.

Here they are, fighting again.

"You have them for 12 years. Maybe it wasn't bad if they go with me this time" Dad said.

"Yeah, I've been taking care of them alone for 12 years!" Mom yelled.

"And you don't want to accept my help, even if you know that it was for our children." Dad yelled back.

"They don't need your money. I can provide them that." Mom answered back.

"But did you raise them well? Maybe you're too focused in your work!" Dad said.

"Because it's needed!" Mom said and was about to cry.

"They'll go with me" Dad said then stood up.

"No!" I said.

"I don't need a Dad anymore. I survived 12 years without a Dad, so I think I can live without a Dad." I stood up and went to my room.

I was lying on my bed, I didn't noticed that I was already crying. I suddenly remembered something.

Lili.

I never told her what she needed to know. After the fire, the continuous problem came. I forgot about her.

I sat up.

Was Grandma Isabelle been calling or texting me? I don't if I drop my phone somewhere or it got burned in the house.

-

Mom wasn't home, maybe she was at her work. Kai left a note saying that he went out with Dad. So I'm alone here.

I went to basement to tell Lili everything. I'm not ready to see her right now because there's a lot going on to my life, but I can't hide this to her any longer. Her family has been searching for her.

I slowly opened the door when I heard her talking.

Lisa's POV

I've been staying at the basement of this house for a few days right now. I was so bored so I looked at the things here.

Until I saw a picture. A picture were Jennifer was there.

I suddenly smiled. I sat on the bed while holding the picture. She's smiling in the picture and she really look so happy.

I can see her difference with Jennie now. It's beed a long time since I last saw her face, but I felt like it all happened yesterday.

"Hi Jen" I smiled. I look crazy right now, talking to a picture.

"I miss you. It was so sad that you weren't here. It all happened a long time ago, but it seemed like it was just yesterday" tears were forming on the side of my eyes but I kept my smile.

"The pain, all the sacrifices that I hid when I'm in front of you. You thought that it was all okay for me but it wasn't." until my tear fell.

"I don't want to give up on you. I never wanted to let you go. I don't want you to marry someone else. I don't want you to build a family with someone else. I never wanted you to leave, to leave me here alone." tears were now escaping from my eyes.