24

Jennie's POV

This might be the best morning of my life. We're holding hands while walking our way to our house. I was just smiling while looking at our intertwined hands.

The feeling that she was free, and she loves me too.

Too good to be true.

But I know that this wasn't a dream.

We're in front of our house now but I'm nor sure if I'll knock or not. My morning was so beautiful and I don't want it to be ruined by their scoldings.

"Come on." Lili said to me with a smile.

I noticed that the gate was open so I entered and knocked on the front door. We waited for a few seconds. I'm got nervous all of a sudden.

I looked at Lili. She's smiling at me but I know that she's nervous too.

Why're they so slow?

I was about to kick the door when it opened. The first thing that I saw was Mom, Dad and Kai. It's obvious that they just woke up.

Dad slept here?

He looked down at our intertwined hands.

-

"What?!" Dad asked.

"I told you, I'm not going anymore." I said for nth time.

"Do you know how long we waited for you in the airport? We can't even call you!" Dad yelled.

"My phone battery was empty." I said with bored tone.

"You look familiar." Mom said while directly looking at Lili.

Sht! Lili was the one in grandma's painting.

"What the heck Mom?!" I said to distract her from scanning Lili.

"Shut up!" Mom said.

"You really look familiar. I just don't know where I saw you." Mom said while walking to Lili.

I noticed that Lili was getting uncomfortable.

"So she's the damn reason?!" Dad said while pointing his index finger to Lili.

"Stop that!" I said then pulled down his finger which was pointing Lili.

"Answer me!" He's starting to raise his voice.

I looked at Lili and she was just waiting for my answer. I don't know what to say. She suddenly stood up from her seat and held my hand.

"Ma'am, Sir, I'm your daughter's girlfriend." Lili said that surprised all of us.

"So you're the reason why she's backing out now?" Dad asked to Lili with serious face that made me nervous.

"Yes Sir. I love her and I don't want to let her go." Lili said with serious tone. She was looking at Dad with serious face too.

"So you have a girlfriend since then? Why didn't you introduce her to us?" Mom said to me while raising her eyebrow.

I don't know what to say.

"I'm not going anymore, period." I'm planning to walk out but I saw Mom smiling at me.

"You're really stubborn." Dad said.

"Yeah I know." replied.

"So who are you? What's your name? Where do you live? And where were you studying?" Mom asked without stopping.

"L-Lisa"

"Mom, don't interrogate her!" I said to Mom. I know that Lili wouldn't be able to answer those.