•6•

"Don't, let's just go" he said, sighing out faintly. I bit down my lip, bashfully staring down at the floor.

"S-sorry for lashing out" he muttered and I quickly glanced up at him. His hazel colored eyes were weak, his messy hair cradled long fingers, combing through feebly.

"Um s'okay" I whispered nervously, clutching tightly on my shopping bag.

"Are you done shopping, 'cuz school's over in a few minutes" he said, staring down at his phone screen.

"I'm done, we can go home" I muttered in response as we began heading for the exit.

We left the mall quietly. As we walked, I could tell he was still bothered about the previous events. His radiant hazel eyes were glued to the floor as well as fists were shoved in his pockets. I looked away, do I need to apologise again?

The silence was suffocating but I didn't know if talking would piss him off more so I did what I thought was best and carried on with the silence.

We eventually reached the parking lot, the atmosphere still very thick. We walked across the vast parking lot, heading for his car. We finally got to it and I chuckked my bag towards the backseat as we both got in.

The ride was quiet and the dull ambiance was slowly killing me. It was getting harder and harder to remain quiet with every passing second. I would steal small glances at him, his face lacked expression and his eyes were glued to the ride ahead.

"Um I'm sorry for what happened at the mall" I finally mustered a small mutter, hoping to soothe the tension in the heavy air.

He remained blank of emotions, seeming to be too focused on the road ahead so I just shrugged, acting like I had said nothing at all.

"S'okay, I overreacted" he finally monotoned after an eternity of awkward silence. Although he still looked blank and stiff, I was glad that he'd at least said something.

I smiled at the him shyly, an idea popping into my head. I suddenly snatched his phone from his pants pocket.

"Hey, give that back" he looked at me, but not for long as his free arm tried reaching out for the device.

"Here" I said, sliding the device back in his pocket after obviously inserting my contact.

"What'd you do?" He asked, furrowing his brows at me.

"Gave you my number" he chuckled, shaking his head playfully.

We eventually got to my house and I bit my lip nervously, remembering the message I got from my mom earlier.

Mummie❤️: The wedding's this weekend, I'm so excited. I'll be at the florist's shop picking out the roses so I'll probably be late, food is in the fridge.

Love you

"Aren't you going in?" He asked, pulling me out of my thoughts with a flinch. I looked up at him, nervously playing with my fingers.

"Um well, my um.. would you like to come over this weekend and maybe spend the night?" I mustered courage to ask, staring down at my jittery fingers. I was hopeful but wouldn't be too sad if he declined.

"Um, sure why?" He asked curiously and I sighed hoping he wouldn't.

"My mom is well going to be busy and the house tends to be a bit boring" I muttered, not revealing everything entirely. He'd think I'm weird for not wanting to attend my mom's wedding due to my Enochlophobia.

"Alright" he looked skeptical but agreed anyways.

"Thank you!" I squealed and excitedly gave him a kiss on the cheek before rushing out of the car, petrified at what I had just done.