•7•

ALEISTER

I laid on my bed, snuggling against the soft duvet. My eyes constantly fluttering, awaiting sleep's arrival when a soft knock came from my unlocked door.

"Come in" I squeaked and within seconds, my mom was walking in. As she approached my bed slowly, I noticed she was troubled.

"Hey mom" I said cautiously, my brows furrowing.

"Anything wrong?" I asked, now sitting up while she took on a seat on the edge.

  She smiled slightly, placing a hand on my cheek, staring at me lovingly.

"The wedding's this weekend and I know you may not be able to handle the crowd and..." I cut her off.

"Already got you covered, I'll be at home the whole time, I even made a friend, he already promised to come keep me company" I explained and she let out a small breathe of relief.

"So, this friend is a boy or a girl?" She asked, a small smirk tugging at her lips.

"His name's Ryder" I said and she erupted in a fit of childish giggles, placing her hand on her chest breathlessly.

"What?" I whined, making a pouty face at her.

"No-nothing" she stifled her laugh but I could tell she was lying.

"Goodnight baby" she whispered, gently pushing me backwards so I could lay down again.

She then tucked me in and kissed my forehead goodnight, that suspicious smile on her face never fading even as the door was going shut.

RYDER

After the incident between my dad and I last night, we haven't spoken a word to each other. He's been ignoring me all morning, paying no attention to any of my usual witty comments.

With a sigh, I gave up. I went to sit on the kitchen island and he put down a plate of breakfast in front of me. I was a tad bit surprised that he still made breakfast for me but I didn't want to question it.

I dug into the food, carefully examining my father as he moved leisurely about the kitchen. I stared up at him as he began plating up his own breakfast.

"Food tastes good" I said slowly, hoping to get a reaction from him.

Nothing, I sighed

"Although-" I paused, his body flinching.

"-It could use some more words, huh dad?" I said, just as he was opening the cabinet and at that moment, the wooden handle snapped off the cabinet door.

"Shit" he cursed under his breath, holding up the broken cabinet handle, looking pretty frustrated.

Groaning, he set the handle on the counter before making his way to the tool cabinet. He brought out the slightly worn out toolbox before setting it down and ransacking it for what I assumed were some screws and a screwdriver.

"Where the fuck is this thing?" he grumbled to himself, metal clanging against each other.

"Screwdriver's in the garage" I said, smugly smirking down at my half finished breakfast.

Without saying a word, he left to get the tool.

Minutes passed and I was now done with breakfast and was setting the dirty dishes in the sink.

"Where the hell did you go to yesterday and with who?" An angry voice erupted from behind, almost making me break the ceramics.

"And what are you ta-" I paused, turning to him as my eyes fixed at the Seraphina's Collection shopping bag he held up.