•42•

"We're here" Luther stated the moment we came to a halt.

  I looked up at the place, there was a lake and in a short distance you could see a small cabin.

"He's in there" Luther pointed at the cabin and I nodded, getting off the bike.

"Thank you" I whispered shyly, taking off the helmet and handing it to him.

"It's alright" he took the helmet from my hands and gave me a small sad smile.

  The way his lips lightly quivered and with the glossiness in his eyes, I could tell he was about to cry.

"Luther, are you okay?" I asked, putting my hand on his shoulder but he tensed more under my touch.

"Y.. yeah I'm fine, you should go" I stared suspiciously at him for a second but obeyed. I turned away, facing the cabin.

  I took a deep breath and began walking closer to the structure.

"Hey Aleister" I suddenly turned at Luther's voice.

"Please fix Ryder" a single tear slipped from his eyes and I didn't even get a chance to ask before he started the engine and rode away.

  I sighed, facing the building again. I took short strides, purposefully stalling. I couldn't bare to imagine the state he might be in when I see him. What if he didn't want to see me? Or worse, what if his dad was right?

  I felt my stomach tighten as I began walking faster. I finally reached the front door and I noticed that the cabin was far bigger than what it seemed from a distance.

  As I nervously stood there wondering, should I knock or should I just open. Without thinking, I twisted the handcrafted door knob. I was a bit surprised that it was open but I decided not to ponder on it much.

  I stepped in slowly, there was a small corridor and it was dark in here but not pitch dark. I lightly closed the door behind me, walking towards the only source of light. It was a half open door by my left. I walked closer, investigating.

  There seemed to be two other rooms as well. I gently pushed open the door and stepped in.

  There was a small fireplace and seated in front of the flame was a figure. I could tell it was Ryder. His hair was messier than usual and in between in fingers was something. I narrowed my eyes at the object. It wasn't a cigarette, it looked weird and I could tell by the lit tip that he had been smoking that, whatever it was.

  I walked closer to him and he still hadn't noticed me. My eyes were tearing up as I slowly made my way in front of him. The moment he noticed me, our eyes instinctively met. His hand reached up and he took a drag of whatever that was, the sight was horrible.

  He got up silently, puffing out it's fumes in my face but I didn't care about it. Our eyes were still in deep contact.

"What are you doing here?" His voice was husky.

  His pupils weren't dilated so I knew he wasn't high, for now. His hazel eyes were darker though and bloodshot. I couldn't bear the lack of life that reflected in his eyes, not to mention the paleness to his skin. He then proceeded to reach the weird object up to his chapped lips.

"Ryder stop" I swatted away the object and he looked up at me with a glare.

"I was smoking that" his hands turned to fists at his sides.

"Ryder please don't do this to yourself" my eyes balled out as I spoke but he just turned away.

"Don't act like you care, just go, go to Jason, I'm fine" his tone was seething with anger but I could still sense the trace of sadness and jealousy.