•38•

As the vehicle slowly came to a stop, my eyes trailed upon the house. I bit down on my lip nervously as I removed my seatbelt.

"You should probably go on, I'll go check the cemetery if Ryder's there" he said lowly, avoiding my eyes and staring ahead.

"O...okay" I whispered softly, exiting the car.

  As soon as I shut the door, I immediately realized that mom was probably home and I don't remember us ending our latest conversation on a good note.

  Nonetheless, I sighed, ambling on towards the front door. Every step I took closer to the house was like a million nervous butterflies, no, dragons raging on in my stomach.

  Finally, I stepped upon the porch. My lower lip cradled between my teeth as I twisted on the door knob.

"Harry?" I immediately heard my mom's worried voice.

  As soon as the door was wide enough, we locked eyes. Both our faces paled and the staring carried on for a few more seconds. I gazed deeply, finding no trace of what I'd seen the last time was talk. It confused me but almost suddenly, she darted right at me with wide arms and glistening bloodshot eyes.

"Ally" she screeched, seizing me in a tight hug.

"Oh baby I was so worried" she whispered, abruptly pulling away and checking me for any injuries.

"Thank God you're safe" the tears in her eyes began to flow slowly.

"Come on" she said, ushering me into the living room.

  As soon as we reached the living room area, she motioned towards the couch, sniffling and wiping away her tears.

"M..mom?" I finally spoke up, taking a seat while she did the same.

"Baby, Ally I am so sorry about earlier I..I guess I just..." She trailed off quietly.

"Just what mom?" I urged softly.

"I was scared Ally, shocked as well but mostly scared" she took a pause.

"Aleister, you guys are step brothers, there should be no form of love other than brotherly love between you two" she spoke lowly and I just sat blank faced and listening.

"So you don't support us?" I asked monotonously but with a heavy heart. Immediately I asked the question, she quickly reached for my hand, clasping it dearly in hers.

"Not what I'm saying, I support you guys, with all my heart but that doesn't mean society will" she finished, looking at me cautiously and I nodded, comprehending.

"You're right, but mom..." She hummed, leaning in.

"I've already gotten in between us before, nothing's stopping this now" I said, determination rich in my tone.

"Oh sweety" she reached up, cupping my cheek and stroking lightly.

  I gave her a small smile she leaned in further, planting an affectionate kiss upon my cheek.

"I love you" she whispered, pulling away.

"I love you too" I whispered.

.....

   It was only a few minutes later when we both towards our opening front door. Harry emerged slowly and we both got up from the couch.

"I couldn't find him" his head was down and his voice was heavy.

"W..what?" Mom voiced out shakily.

"D.. did you check Luther's?" I asked and he nodded.

"If he isn't at the graveyard then where could he have gone" I slowly fell down to my knees.

"Graveyard?" Mom chimed in quizically.

"He visits his late mom" my dad explained, walking over to her.

"I.. I can't believe I drove him away" my voice broke out into sobs as I sat, vibrating and crying on the floor.

  Mom and Harry suddenly rushed to me, kneeling at my sides. They both held me in their arms, stroking my hair, rubbing my back and the sorts just to calm me down.

  Even with the heavy love that surrounded me, I still craved for Ryder's. I sobbed harder, reaching up and holding the small ornament that sat upon the crevice between my collar bones. I needed to do something about it. Quick.

"H..Harry" I sniffled and they both looked down at me.

"I need you to d..drive me somewhere" I gently stuttered, gasps of weeping escaping my quivering lips.

"Where?" He asked as they both moved away, giving me space to get up on my feet.

"Jason's" I said, wiping my face.

"Why?" He asked, his brows furrowing.

"I have to return this" I replied, taking off the necklace as I spoke.

"It's what made him leave in the first place, well I'm the one who made him leave but...this helped" with a swift move of my fingers, the necklace was off.

   He nodded and I kissed my mom goodbye as we made our way out and into the vehicle.

About three or four more chapters....