•27•

Please let me know if you spot any punctuation, spelling or grammar mistakes...

Flashback in italics

RYDER

   It was the usual morning the next day. Glaring sun rays filtered in through the half closed curtains, sounds of the morning song birds filled the air as my tired body sat up, stretching awake. I let out a throaty groan as I stretched out my weak  limbs.

  A quiet yawn escaped my dry lips as I got up, ambling for the bathroom. I got to the usual routine before leaving the room fresh and clean.

  As I stepped out, my eyes firstly fixed on the empty bed on the opposite side of mine. I sighed loudly, walking over to my nightstand and retrieving my ear phones. As I put them in, I shut my eyes, letting myself drown in the blasting tunes.

.....

It was almost noon when suddenly, I took out the earphones and flung them aside out of frustration. Why the fuck is he not back yet?!

  I groaned at the pain in my ribs as I quickly hoisted my body up from the bed. I got tired of waiting, if he wanted he could move in with Jason anyway, I don't care.

  Now, I left my bedroom, jogging down the stairs and entering the living room. From there, I approached the front door when suddenly, it was gently pushed open. Emerging from behind the door, was Aleister.

  His dough eyes immediately fixed on mine the moment the front door closed behind him. As our stares deepened, his bottom lip caved between his teeth.

"Ryder I-" I couldn't believe him. I scoffed, cutting him off and pushing past him, leaving.

"Please wait" he begged desperately, trailing closely behind me as he did.

"Do not follow me" I turned to say, my tongue flaring with rage as I emphasized every single word of my warning.

  I then turned, facing ahead again as I pulled out the pack he'd thrown out earlier.

  My eyes stung but not with anger as I pulled a stick before stuffing the box in my pocket and fishing out a lighter.

I turned again and found him still, staring deeply at me through glassy eyes, watching as his body vibrated with soft whimpers. I immediately turned away as soon as I felt a single teardrop roll down my cheek.

ALEISTER

My eyes leaked profusely as I watched him puff out the thick clouds of smoke, killing himself slowly.

  Helpless and with no other choice, I ran back into the house, not turning to witness another minute of him gradually end his own life. My legs moved, never stopping until the click of my bedroom door locking sent me sliding down to the floor.

  With my knees hugged closely to my chest, my mind began to drift to the previous events that took place at Jason's before I'd left his home.

"I'm just saying, if you would've controlled your anger none of this would've happened" I bit down on my lip as I nervously patted down on his temple with a cold compress.

  I couldn't understand it. I'd basically driven Ryder away earlier and now here I am defending him.

"Are you fucking serious?" He swatted my hand away.

"You're siding with him?" He seethed and my silence was all the reply he needed.

"When you move over to your boyfriend's side,-" he paused, ascending from the chair.