•21•

If you spot any errors while reading, please let me know. Anything at all...thank you...

ALEISTER

After Ryder ran this morning, it was like he had dissappeared. I hadn't seen him in any of the classes we shared nor by his locker or even in the halls. I tried looking out into the parking lot but his car was still there. Where could he have gone?

"Have you seen Ryder?" Luther had asked me in the halls after second period ended and I replied with a simple no.

Even his best friend hadn't seen him, I began to worry.

"What is it Aleister?" Jason asked, noticing my distress as he walked me to the Cafeteria. It's lunch time now and over at their usual table is Luther sitting alone and uneasily glancing around for his best friend.

"Can you please excuse me?" Hesitantly, he agreed and I whisked out and into the nearly empty halls.

.......

I now had only about five more minutes of lunch time and I had already combed through the entire interior of the school.

"Ryder where are you?" I whispered, giving up.

As I was making my way back to the Cafeteria, I noticed Luther walking into the the school through a back door. He strode weakly, his eyes downcast not noticing my presence yet.

"Luther?" He jumped, looking up at me in shock, his eyes were wide and his jaw hung slightly.

"What were you doing outside?" I simply asked but he started blabbing incoherent words.

"And why are you so nervous?" His eyes instinctively trailed to the door behind him and I instantly became suspicious.

I then slowly approached the door, taking one last look at him before going through. As soon as I was outside, a suffocating stench attacked my nostrils. I traced my steps, following the smell as it got stronger, choking my lungs.

RYDER

"Ryder?" I turned my head weakly to the source of the familiar voice.

I simply chuckled, feeling a bit lightheaded. I turned away from him but before I could take up the cig to my lips, it was snatched from my hand and thrown on the floor. I groaned reaching for the cigarette but Aleister immediately stomped on it.

"No Ryder, it's wrong" he said shakily. I sighed, rolling my dizzy eyes and leaning back on the wall I sat against.

"You don't understand, Aleister" I said weakly, my eyes stinging.

"Make me understand, Ry" he said before sitting down on the floor next to me. For the first time, that name didn't bring any form of nauseous nostalgia, only comfort.

I turned to him, looking into his eyes and I noticed his breathing quicken. His deep greens became pale with fear, fear that we were alone, fear that I might take advantage.

"I'm not going to try to do anything" I said and he took a deep breath opening his mouth to speak but I cut him off.

"Don't say anything please" I shushed him and he weakly nodded, nibbling on his lower lip.

"Don't ever say anything, just stay with me" I pleaded desperately, the tears now falling and he instinctively took me in a well needed hug.

"Sorry I'm probably ruining your sh-" I stopped talking, slowly pulling away and studying the oversized and unfamiliar smelling tee.

"Whose shirt is this?" I asked feeling more hurt now than angry at his answer.

"J-Jason" he said lowly, his tone shaky and nervous.

"Did you guys sleep together?" I blurted, my voice cracking as my face began to heat up.

"No, we weren't even on the bed together, he slept on the cushions" he confessed almost too quickly.

I was silent for a couple of seconds, all I was doing was looking down at the shirt with teary eyes.

"Do you like him?" I asked lowly with my eyes still glued to the shirt.

"I-I don't know" he said and my eyes instantly darted up and he let out a small gasp.

"Aleister I'm so sorry for trying to kiss you" I said as my eyes remained fixed on his. My voice was raspy and I could tell by the stinging in my eyes that tears were about to flow.

"It's okay Ryder, I overreacted as well, I'm sorry" suddenly, he wrapped his arms around me in a warm hug. I let out a small gasp of surprise but squeezed him tightly in return.

Time passed as we sat snuggly in each other's arms. It was a pleasant feeling, having his body relaxing this close to mine was wonderful and I never wanted it to end. The entire school day was running out but neither of us seemed to care.

......

"Thanks for being there" I said weakly as we left the spot, approaching the parking lot.

"What about Luther?" He asked.

"Low tolerance to cigarette smoke" I explained with a blank smirk.

"And he's friends with a smoker, dumbass" I muttered to myself, chuckling darkly afterwards.

"You're not a smoker, you're not addicted" he tried to defend.

"Whatever" I shrugged.

"Aleister!" I heard someone call out and seconds later, Jason was jogging quickly towards us.

"Where were you? You didn't skip with him did you?" he pointed rudely at me as he spoke to Aleister.

"I don't really think it concerns you jackass, he's not your property" I snapped at him and he gave me a snide glare in return.

"Jason please just go" Aleister suddenly said, my eyes peered at the boy whose eyes were downcast.

"You're taking his side?" Jason accused and my face contorted. I was surprised that he was standing up for me this time.

"I'm preventing a fight and supporting my brother while I'm at it" he defended, sounding more confident than before.

"Whatever" he groaned, and Aleister gazed at him as he stomped away.

"Aleister" I whispered out trying to get his attention.

"Hm?" He hummed.

"Thank you" I said with a small smile and he nodded nonchalantly, obviously hurt at the fact that Jason just left.

"Sorry about Jason" I muttered and he let out a sigh.

"S'okay" he whispered as I started the engine.

"Now let's go home" I smiled, playfully punching his shoulder.

"Yeah" he grinned, and I drove away.

Please don't forget to vote on this or leave a comment ..