✥12✥

Trigger warning: abuse
Please read with caution ♥︎

※※※

The weekend went by in a flash for Namjoon and Jimin. The two spent most of their time in their hotel room cuddling and being lazy. Jimin wasn't ready to go home, he wasn't ready to go back to pretending that he and Namjoon weren't anything special. He knew he couldn't do anything about it though.

Jimin didn't want to deal with the real world. Sometimes he wanted to do what Taehyung and Jungkook did and just leave everything behind and run away together, but Namjoon had responsibilities and as much as Jimin hated his parents he couldn't burden them again.

The blonde stood there silently and stopped packing his bags. He thought for a moment, why should he care how his parents feel when all they've ever done is ridicule him and tear him down and abuse him for being gay? Would running away be that big of a deal? He doesn't exactly have a job but Namjoon does work from home anyways, he doubted his work would care if Namjoon moved.

"I don't want to go back" Jimin blurted out.

Namjoon looked up at him from the bed and raised a brow, "what?" Jimin took a breath and repeated himself.

"I-I don't want to go back" he spoke slowly and bit unsteady. Jimin had no idea why he blurted out his thoughts just like that. His heart was racing.

The older sighed and took off his glasses rubbing his face, "You and I both know we have to" Namjoon got up and made his way over to Jimin and reached out to him.

Jimin pulled away slowly "We- we don't... We can stay here" he looked up at Namjoon who had a surprised expression on his face from Jimin pulling away. "You don't have anything holding you back from leaving that town and neither do I!"

"Jimin you're being ridiculous, we have to go back!" Namjoon snapped. "You only have a few months till you graduate, I don't see what the problem is here!"

Jimin puffed his cheeks, "the problem is that I'm tired of sneaking around!" He yelled back as his heart began to race even faster. "I want to be able to hold your hand in public and- and kiss you and hug you without having someone throwing me a dirty look and calling me a faggot! I want to have a normal relationship with you, Namjoon, is that too much to fucking ask for!" At this point, the younger was crying as he yelled.

"It is! We can't have a normal fucking relationship right now, Jimin!" Namjoon stepped towards Jimin and continued to yell, "Only a few more months, you're so fucking impatient! A few more months and we'll start looking for a place here in the city! I don't want you to drop out and leave everything behind just because you think you love me!" He looked away and took a deep breath as he ran a hand through his hair, "Running away is just fucking childish especially when you're so close to graduating."

Tears escaped Jimin's eyes, "I do love you" he whispered. Namjoon looked down at him, he looked like a kicked puppy. "I j-just want to be happy with you" Jimin's voice was so quiet, that Namjoon had barely caught what he said.

"Baby you know what I meant," Namjoon said softly as he tried to lift Jimin's head so he could look at him. Jimin pushed his hand away and continued to look away as he walked past him.

Jimin's voice was still silent and soft, "let's just finish packing and head home" he spoke as he started grabbing his clothes and gently placing them in his suitcase. Namjoon sighed and finished packing his bag.

Just because you think you love me.

Those words continued to replay over and over in Jimin's head.