✥20✥

The two walked down the street together at an awkward distance. Jimin had his head down and bit his lip nervously. Namjoon walked with his hands in his pockets.

"You know you could walk closer to me, I don't bite" Namjoon gave a soft smile to Jimin. The older cleared his throat, "So... what did you want to meet and talk about?"

Jimin looked away, "Can we wait till we get to where we're going so we can sit and have a proper talk?" he spoke quietly.

Namjoon nodded, "Sure..." They continued to walk silently before they finally made it to their destination. Namjoon opened the door for Jimin and followed him inside. "A table for two," he told the host, who grabbed two menus and had them follow him. Namjoon was so curious about what was going on in Jimin's head right now, he seemed so nervous and almost scared? He could relate, they hadn't properly talked to each other in so long that he didn't even know where to begin. The waiter came with their drinks and asked if they wanted to order any food; both declined.

They sat their silently for a while, both not knowing how to start the conversation.

"I know you're probably really confused about why I asked you to meet me..." Jimin finally broke the silence.

"Jimin-" That was all Namjoon was able to get out. Tears started to form in the youngers eyes, he looked down and started to let them fall.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry for leaving- I didn't want to leave you like that back then-"

"Jimin you don't-"

"Please let me explain myself," he choked out "I hate everything I put you through. I put you through so much because I was selfish and childish and couldn't take no for an answer back then" he started to sob. "I thought leaving was the best option for- for both of us. I didn't leave that night because of you, I left because of my parents- I left for myself. When you dropped me off that night my dad beat me, I thought it would be easier for the both of us if I just left and let you live and be normal-"

"I love you" Namjoon choked out, "I didn't want a normal life! I wanted you!" Jimin looked up at Namjoon who's face was red and tear-stained, anger and sadness mixed into one expression. "You put up with so much shit from the town we grew up in and your parents and I couldn't protect you... I had my own selfish motives, I was terrified of coming out but I was even more terrified for you" Namjoon let out a shaky breath, "I thought I was protecting you by having us wait- in the end I only ended up hurting you" he rubbed his face out of frustration "We ended up hurting each other."

Namjoon was right of course. They had hurt each other in their selfish ways, but they've both grown from then. Jimin was speechless after listening to Namjoon, he didn't know what to say.

"I forgive you, I was never mad at you for a second I could never be mad at you. You had your reasons for leaving and I understand them... I just wish we could go back and just- just fix everything..." Namjoon spoke softly.

Jimin began to sob again "How can you forgive me so easily- I hurt you, I put you through so much"

"We put each other through hell. It wasn't one-sided. We acted selfishly and carelessly and didn't think anything through, we were both so stubborn and hard-headed. We both were childish- But Jimin, at some point we have to forgive and start fresh. I've missed you so much that it drove me crazy. I thought I was never going to see you again..."

"I missed you too. I spiraled when I left home... I-I acted carelessly when I left. I thought never seeing you again would be best for the both of us, I thought you would move on from me and I would be able to move on from you..." Jimin sunk into his seat and sniffled.

"You don't have to explain yourself to me, Jimin" Namjoon gave a comforting smile to him, "Do you think we can start fresh?"

Jimin wiped his nose and gave a weak smile "Is it that easy?"

Namjoon shrugged "I think it can be... We both have the power to control our own lives now"

"Starting over... I'd like that" Jimin spoke but he felt like it couldn't be that easy, he has so many messed up things in his life that he caused.

"What's wrong?" Namjoon asked as he studied Jimin's face.

"Am I that obvious?" He chuckled, "I've just got a lot of messed up things going on right now..." Jimin trailed off.

Namjoon's heart dropped remembering that man Jimin was with when they ran into each other. "D-does it have to do with that guy you were with the guy you were with when we ran into each other? Is he your boyfriend?"

Jimin's head shot up towards Namjoon "N-no he- he's just-" he started stumbling over his words. He wanted to come clean to Namjoon about everything he got caught up in. As he was about to speak again his phone started to ring, he checked the contact and his stomach sank, "I'm sorry I have to take this." Jimin got up and was about to walk away when Namjoon grabbed his arm.

"Can I see you later?" Namjoon asked nervously. Jimin nodded yes. He let go of his arm and let him leave. Namjoon stood there with a weight lifted off his shoulder but a worry for Jimin started to grow inside him, he felt sorry for him.

Jimin waited on the hotel bed as he was instructed. His mind filled with guilt and disgust in himself. After seeing Namjoon he felt as if he had fixed all of his problems, seeing him made him feel at ease and almost peaceful.

The man who had called him was the CEO of the modeling agency he worked for. "Are you ready? I'll pay you a little extra tonight" the man made his way toward Jimin. He stayed quiet."When did you become so quiet? Don't you know it's rude not to respond?"

Start fresh... Power to control my own life.

Jimin's mind kept replaying his conversation he had with Namjoon. He got a wave of confidence.

"I can't do this- I have to leave" Jimin spoke up as he tried to stand.

The man looked bugged "What do you mean you can't do this? I own you. I got you to where you are now and now you're getting cold feet?" he grabbed a clump of Jimin's hair and sat him back down. "You listen to me and me alone, what the hell has got you thinking you can just leave"

"P-please- I don't want to do this anymore-"

A hard smack echoed through the room "I get to decide when you're done."

Jimin held his cheek as tears fell down his face. Jimin started to fight back as the man gripped his throat and tried to pin him down. He kicked at him and flailed trying to get away as the man kissed him roughly. Jimin bit his lip hard enough to make the man bleed but that only led to Jimin getting hit again. He started to scream and cry out as the man continued to hit him. Jimin kicked a bit more and finally hit the man right between his legs causing him to fall to the ground. Jimin quickly grabbed his phone and ran out of the hotel room and out of the building. He hit the last contact he had called.

"Hello, Jimin?"

"Can you come pick me up, p-please" He sobbed out his location and hung up his phone. Crouching down in the middle of the sidewalk sobbing his eyes out.

hope you're still enjoying :)