O N E

It was a beautiful Saturday morning. Jae and Tae were in bed snuggling, enjoying the warmth of their smooth cotton sheets while they watched the snow fall from their window. The previous day was busy for them, it being Halloween. They sat at the end of their driveway and passed out candy to the adorable kids that were scurrying around in cute costumes. The couple were out until the late hours of the night.

Taeyong felt Jae's breath tickling the back of his neck. He turned in his lovers arms to face him, placing a gentle kiss on the younger's nose. Jae giggled and smirked, shifting onto his back and pulling Taeyong on top of him.

"What do you want to do today baby?" Jae asked. Taeyong shrugged and played with Jae's fingers.

"How about we go visit Yuta and Sicheng? We haven't talked to them in a while."

The younger was about to answer when his phone started ringing. He sighed and grabbed it, sitting up.

"Hello?.. Yes... Right now?.. Alright. Be there soon." Taeyong gave his boyfriend a confused look.

"My manager wants me to go and meet with two other boys who want to do a collaboration. Kim Doyoung and Moon Taeil," Jae answered, sighing again. He slid Taeyong from his lap and got up to take a quick shower. Taeyong followed.

"Mind if I join?" Jae looked at the older boy and grinned, pulling him into the bathroom with him.

~

Taeyong was left alone in their big spacey house. He wasn't sure what to do, so he picked up his phone and called Yuta.

"Hello?" the boy answered on the fourth ring.

"Hey! Wanna come over and hang out? Jae had to go meet with the manager about a collaboration," Taeyong explained.

"Yeah sure. Sicheng is at work. I'll text him. Be right over."

The call ended and Taeyong decided to slip on some presentable clothing. Which just happened to be a pair of Jae's sweatpants that were baggy on him and his favorite hoodie. He quickly went downstairs and put water on the kettle for tea. He found some bagels and put them in the toaster, waiting for his best friend.

Finally the door bell rang. The black haired boy hurried to the door and opened it, revealing his best friend in all his glory. They embraced for a moment before Taeyong let Yuta in. They went to the kitchen where Taeyong poured them some tea and buttered the bagels. Yuta gladly accepted the small meal.

"So how have you been?" Yuta asked taking a bite of his breakfast.

"I've been good. Just a little tired from our late night last night."

Yuta gave him a glance that made the older flustered. Taeyong blushed and smiled shyly, smacking Yuta's arm.

"Ya! It was Halloween last night so we were passing out candy! Stop thinking dirty!" Taeyong scolded the younger. Yuta just laughed.

"I'm sorry! It's funny to see you flustered," Yuta said, smiling. "Anyway, how is the album going? Got any new songs that are ready to release?"

Taeyong bit his lip, looking down at his plate. Should he tell Yuta? He had been wanting to keep this a secret until February.
"Not yet. The album is going good. There's a young rapper who wants to do a collab. I haven't met him."

"Oh Na Jaemin? That kid can spit fire. You're lucky he doesn't want to steal your title or something. Or start dropping diss tracks on you. Although I don't think there is anyone that has anything against you," Yuta rambled as he stared off in front of him. Taeyong's mood dropped slightly.

"Except my father," he mumbled, an involuntary tear streaming down his cheek. He quickly wiped it away and recollected himself, putting his plate in the sink and finishing his tea.

"I'm sorry Tae. Just don't think about him. He doesn't matter," Yuta reassured the older. Taeyong nodded and smiled, pushing away his resentment for his father. He wasn't important anyway.

The two boys conversed for awhile until it was time for Yuta to head off to work himself. Taeyong was left alone again, wondering when Jae was going to arrive back home.

Taeyong decided to go into his study, his eyes instantly falling onto his notebook. This notebook was very important to him. It had full songs he was debating to release and lots of unfinished lyrics. He sat down at the desk and picked the book up, opening up to the page that held the words to his first ever written song. He remembered back to the day he first met Jae in person, when he was young and timid about performing in front of anyone. The only one who had heard him sing before was Yuta. Taeyong remembered how Jae put the blindfold on and listened to him sing. Jae was the first one to hear this song. It was their song, and he wanted to keep it that way.

The reason Taeyong didn't mention it to his friend was because he was planning on releasing on Jae's birthday next February. Yes, it was still just over three months away, but he wanted to wait for the perfect moment. Jae would understand.

Tae flipped to a clean page as words flooded his mind. He grabbed a pencil, the words falling from his thoughts onto the page. A few moments later he stopped, letting his hand rest and reading over the words. It was a good start to a new song, but he needed to make it longer. He only had one verse. He still needed the second verse, the chorus, and the bridge. This wouldn't be a struggle for the boy.

Taeyong then made up his mind to go to the store to get some meat and rice for dinner. He changed into jeans and a warmer coat, putting a beanie and a mask on to somewhat hide his identity. He only had to because he didn't want to be bombarded by fans. Last night he wasn't worried because he and Jae dressed up in some terrifying costumes that hid them pretty well. No one knew that this was there house surpringly.

~

Jae was in the living-room when he got home. He set the bags down and stripped the bulky jacket off, trading it for his sweater and joining his boyfriend on the couch. Jae was on the laptop writing out what looked to be song lyrics.

He and Jae were different that way. Taeyong was always one to be carrying around paper and a pencil when he was looking for inspiration for lyrics. Jae preferred a laptop.

Jae finished the verse he was on and set the electronic aside, focusing on his everything.

"Have you already decided to do the collab?" Taeyong asked. Jae pulled the older onto his lap.

"Yeah. They're really nice. They already had lyrics for their own parts ready and showed it to me. I was given the task to finish the song. It's a nice song so far," Jae replied. He held Taeyong's waist and gently massaged his hips.

"That's good," Taeyong said.

"Yeah."

Taeyong brought his lips down to the younger's, slowly kissing him. It seems like forever since they've had the time to just relax and be with each other. The past ten years have been busy and somewhat stressful for both of them, but they got through it. Their love for each other was stronger than anything else.

====

Damn it's been forever since I've written a chapter over a thousand words. They've been in the 900s Lol. Anyway I hope you enjoyed the first chapter!  I'll see y'all in the next💗

Saranghaeyo~

Kelly💗