T W E N T Y - T H R E E

"Smile buddy! It's your first day of school!" Taeyong exclaimed, taking pictures of a giggling Mark who was posing for the camera. Jae chuckled at the sight.

"Daddy's I have to go! It's gonna start soon!" Mark said excitedly, hopping up and down like a little bunny.

"Give daddy and I hugs and kisses! We're gonna miss you all day," Jae replied, squatting and holding his arms out. Mark gladly ran into them, getting squeezed tight. Taeyong was next, picking the boy up and spinning him around in a loving embrace. He set the giggling boy down and kissed him on the forehead.

"Markie!" someone called from behind them. Mark's eyes lit up as he saw who called him. He sprinted into Donghyuck's arms, hugging him tight. The parents of the boys cooed at the sight.

"They are just so cute," Yuta commented as he approached Jaehyun and Taeyong. Sicheng was already at work so he missed the cute sight.

"They are. Complete soulmates," Jae agreed.

Soon the two boys had to go to class and the parents left. Taeyong and Jaehyun decided to go the recording studio and work together to make some choreography for the new song Taeyong had written a while ago. Whenever Tae had some time alone he worked secretly to put together choreo for Promise. He definitely planned to release it in February, so he had to work quick since it was already September. He already had enough choreo up until the chorus, so he was doing great so far. He had only been working on it for about four days.

He was currently taking advantage of Jae downstairs getting them lunch and putting together a few moves for the beginning of the chorus. He made sure to write down the ones he liked and was careful to his notebook from Jae.

He was just about to start the song to review what he had done when Jae walked in carrying two bags filled with sushi that Taeyong requested. He quickly got rid of any evidence of him working on Promise and innocently sat down with Jae on their couch.

"It feels weird not having Markie around," Jae commented, taking a bite of sushi from his chopsticks.

Taeyong nodded slowly, lost in his thoughts. "Yeah. Too quiet."

Jae must've noticed how occupied the older was because he set his food down and placed a hand on the inside of Taeyong's thigh, squeezing it lightly.

"You alright baby?"

Taeyong flinched and giggled at his silly reaction, swallowing what was in his mouth and placing his bowl on the table next to Jae's.

"Yeah I'm fine I want just thinking," he replied, placing his hand over the younger's on his thigh. Jae started massaging it carefully and leaned in for a quick kiss.

"What are you thinking about?" He removed his hand and went back to eating. Taeyong followed.

"Just about the past year and everything we've gone through," Tae lied. How could he not even what he was planning was a surprise?

"It's been a wild one I'll admit that."

Taeyong went back to thinking, his mind bringing him back to the how he was able to get under Johnny's skin and make him feel guilty. He honestly felt bad for Johnny, no matter what he did to Taeyong. Maybe there was a way of getting Johnny out of jail. Who knows.

Hours later the couple had to drive back to the school to pick Mark up. When the pulled up they saw him sitting on a rock with Donghyuck talking and giggling with their fingers laced together. They may have been only seven, but Taeyong was sure they were more than friends. Soulmates. Extremely young lovers. Now that would be adorable, Taeyong thought as he and Jae got out to go get their son.

When Mark saw them he jumped up excitedly and pulled Donghyuck with him to give Tae and Jae hugs. The older two chuckled and hugged back.

"Alright little dudes, ready to go home?" Taeyong asked. Their eyes lit up and smiles grew on their faces.

"Is Hyuckie coming home with us daddy?!" Mark exclaimed.

"Yep. Now come on! How was your first day you two?" Taeyong answered, helping the two into the car while Jae started it. They insisted on sitting next to each other. Taeyong just grinned and climbed into the passenger seat waiting patiently for their answers.

"It was great daddy! Hyuckie and I played on the swings and did math together and the teacher read us some fun books! We got some homework Teacher said we need to get some," Mark explained happily.

"And what's your teacher's name?" Jae asked, testing his memory.

"Mr. Kim! He's so nice," Donghyuck answered giggling.

The two instantly ran upstairs when they arrived home, setting their backpacks down on the bench next to the door. Taeyong and Jae also went upstairs up to their room, deciding to take a long warm shower together to sooth their muscles. All in all it was a great day for the two, having spent it doing something they both love.

====

Saranghaeyo~

Kelly💖