T W E N T Y - O N E

It's been four days since Jae was finally able to see Taeyong. Those four days Jae never left Taeyong's side. Yuta and Sicheng visited when they could to bring better food and clothes. Jae had them take Mark home with them so he was able to cry alone next to his unconscious Tae.

By the fifth day, Yuta and Sicheng were getting worried. Every time they saw Jae, he looked worse. Deep purple circles under his eyes. Feverish. Tear stained cheeks. They tried to convince him to come home and rest but he wouldn't have it. He refused, arguing that he couldn't sleep with the thought that his love had gotten so close to death. He had nightmares flood his mind every time he closed his eyes.

Day six came around and Jae was about to lose it. The nurse said Tae was fine, that he would live. That he wouldn't be in a coma. Jae was starting to have his doubts. His heart was chipping away each day he tried to talk his husband awake. He's cried, screamed and yelled, pleaded, begged, but it hasn't done anything. Taeyong still lay lifeless, the only thing showing he was alive being the steady beep, beep of the heart machine. He was getting antsy, impatient. His mom had come a few times even, trying to convince him Tae was fine. He wouldn't have it. He had gotten so close to just telling the doctors to not let any visitors come and bother him. But he knew that would just make them even more worried. He just wanted to be alone with Tae.

Now it's day seven, and Jae had been dozing off due to not getting any sleep for who knows how long when he felt something twitch in his hand. His eyes instantly snapped open and he glanced down at his hand that was holding Tae's. Even though nothing was happening, he could've swarm something did. He sighed and leaned back in his chair, his eyes drooping closed again.

Ten minutes he felt it again. This time, when he looked, he noticed Taeyong's hand twitching in his. He didn't just feel it, he saw it. He slowly brought his eyes up to Taeyong's face, feeling tears fill them his eyes met Taeyong's open one's. He covered his quivering lips with his other hand, not believing his eyes.

Taeyong's eyes fluttered open and met Jae's. So many emotions were going through Taeyong but he couldn't show them. They just stared at each other, not believing they were here. Finally Jae snapped out of his trance and nearly pounced on Tae, sobbing and gently squeezing his small frame. Tae smiled sadly and patted Jae's arm, crying as well.

"Taeyong oh my gosh I'm so sorry you have no idea I never meant to hurt you I love you so much I'm so so sorry-"

"Jae, it's ok. I forgive you. But, can you please loosen your grip? My ribs still hurt," Taeyong said, cutting Jae off. Jaehyun chuckled a little and pulled away slightly, smiling big at his love. He grabbed the older's hands in his.

"How can you forgive me? I hurt you Tae. I kicked you out and blamed you and now look what happened! I can't even forgive myself-"

"My Jae, I understand. Calm down. I don't hate you. Let's put this behind us for now, ok? Now, helpe sit up. My chest is killing me."

Jae quickly and gently helped Taeyong sit up in a better position, making sure the older was comfortable. He was about to sit back down in the chair when Tae painfully scooted over and patted the bed next to him.

"Cuddle me baby. I miss you," he said, smirking. Jae bit his lip and carefully settled next to Tae, cuddling the older into his chest and resting his chin on his head. Jae had missed this, Taeyong's scent, his voice, his body, his everything. He regretted kicking him out. But luckily he has him back now. He couldn't ask for anything else.

Suddenly the door opened, revealing Yuta, Sicheng, Donghyuck and Mark. Mark's eyes lit up when he saw the sight in front of him. He quickly let go of Donghyuck's hand and sprinted to the bed, trying to climb up. Jae helped him up and let him hug Tae carefully.

"Daddy! What happened to you? Are you ok? Daddy Jae and I missed you!" Mark exclaimed exclaimed excitedly. The other three came over, smiling and wanting answers as well.

"I missed you too buddy. And daddy is ok," he answered. Then his gaze went over to the other three in the room. "And I'll explain what happened later. I'm... not really up to it yet. Ok?"

They nodded and conversed about other things that have happened. They were all happy that Taeyong was awake and ok. When everyone left Jae started crying and couldn't stop. Tae giggled to himself and let Jae cling to him. He loved the younger to be mad at him. He couldn't let anything else get between them. Ever.

====

Heyy! There's your update haha. Hope you enjoyed! Love you!

Saranghaeyo~

Kelly💖