N I N E

Taeyong woke up the next morning sore and alone. The smell of food wafted into the room from downstairs where Jae was probably making breakfast. Taeyong painfully got out of bed and limped down the stairs to where Jaehyun was standing at the stove, wrapping his arms around the younger's waist and back hugging him.

"Morning baby. Did you sleep well?" Jae asked, setting down the spatula and turning in Tae's arms.

"Yeah. How about you?"

Jae leaned down and kissed Taeyong sweetly before going back to flip the French toast and bacon. "I slept amazing. Why don't you sit down while I finish cooking? Then we can call Yuta and Sicheng to see how Mark is doing."

Taeyong nodded kissed Jae on the cheek before going to sit at the table. He dreamily watched Jae cook, loving the way his muscles moved under his shirt.

Jaehyun finished cooking and brought two plates full of French toast and bacon to the table setting one in front of Taeyong. He grabbed syrup and powdered sugar before officially sitting down.

The couple dug in, talking about small things here and there. Ever since Taeyong and Jaehyun had found Mark and took him in, Taeyong was held up. He wanted to release the song he wrote years ago on Jae's birthday but it never happened. He either had to wait next year or do it sometime this year. It was a hard choice because it was their song and he wanted it to be connected to a special day like Jaehyun's birthday. He sighed internally and continued to eat, deciding that he would figure it out later.

The two boys finished eating and cleaned up from breakfast before grabbing Jaehyun's laptop and going to sit in the living-room. Jae went to the video calling app and called Sicheng.

"Hey! How are you guys?" Sicheng asked happily when his face popped up on the screen.

"We just ate breakfast. We had a long night. How are you and Yuta? Are Mark and Donghyuck getting along?" Jae questioned. Sicheng giggled and glanced at something.

"We great and the boys are getting along fine. In fact their right here hiding behind my phone. Mark, come say hi to your daddys," Sicheng explained. They heard Mark in the background until he finally appeared on the screen.

"Daddy Tae! Daddy Jae! I miss you! When are you coming back?" the boy said excitedly.

Tae chuckled. "We'll be back on Sunday ok? Can wait that long buddy?"

"Of course Daddy! Just don't take too long." Mark blew them a kiss and got dragged away by a giggling Donghyuck. Yuta came up behind Sicheng and glanced at the phone.

"Hey guys how's your honeymoon going?" he asked.

Taeyong smiled. "So far so good. I'm glad the boys are having a good time. Thank you so much for watching Mark for us."

Yuta just laughed and rolled his eyes. "No problem Tae. Anything for you guys."

They heard squealing in the background and ting footsteps running. Mark and Donghyuck seemed to be having a great time.

"Well we'll let you two love birds go. Enjoy your time alone we'll see you in a few days," Sicheng said.

"Alright. Bye!" Jae said. Sicheng hung up before Jaehyun closed the laptop, setting it on the small coffee table.

"I feel like Mark and Donghyuck are gonna be life long friends," Jae commented, pulling Taeyong onto his lap. Tae giggled and cuddled into his husbands chest, relaxing.

"Me too," he agreed.

The couple lazed around the house most of the day, watching moves and taking it slow after their extensive night. Around seven they decided to have dinner outside, sitting in the sand and enjoying the view and warm beach air. They sat close enough to where the water splashed over their feet. They enjoyed sandwiches and fruits as their dinner.

"Ya know, I could live like this everyday. On a quiet beach with no one around, no responsibilities. Just days upon days of being lazy and enjoying our time together," Taeyong commented, laying back on the sand and gazing up at the appearing stars. He laced his fingers behind his head and closed his eyes, letting calmness wash over him.

Jae set their picnic basket aside and scooted closer to his lover, laying his head on the older's chest. He could feel Taeyong's steady heartbeat and his chest rise and fall with every inhale and exhale of breath.

"Yeah me too. But I love the life we have now. We have an amazing son who loves us as if we were his actual parents and great friends who have been with us all put lives. We're living the life I've always dreamed of," Jae replied, letting his hand fall on Taeyong's thigh. He caressed it lovingly.

"I love you so much Jae you have no idea," Taeyong blurted, crawling out from under Jaehyun's head and moving to sit on his lower belly. Jae looked up at Tae with so much love and compassion in his eyes that Taeyong bit his lip and blushed.

Jaehyun placed his hands on Taeyong's hips gazed into his husband's eyes. "I love you too Taeyongie. I'll never stop."

Taeyong placed his hands on Jae's chest and leaned down, pushing his lips to the younger's. Jae gladly accepted the kiss, letting their mouths move in sink.

They continued to kiss slowly in the fading sunset, the evening summer breeze ruffling their hair and bringing the fresh scent of nature to their noses. Crickets chirped and the ocean waved as the sky grew darker and the stars became brighter. The water lapped at their feet as they disconnected their lips and Taeyong rested his head on Jae's chest. The night was peaceful and nothing could interrupt it.

====

Oof is that a triple update I smell? You're welcome ❤

Sorry for the short chapter skdksksk

Hope you enjoyed!

Saranghaeyo~

Kelly💗