T W O

Jae was at the recording studio in the Sm building, trying to fit the collab song together so it flowed. Doyoung and Taeil were with him recording as well.
It was a beautiful song. They agreed to call it Timeless. It was a song of vocal beauty and harmonization. Jae couldn't wait to perform it live.

"Hey, do you guys wanna take a break? We've been here for awhile," Taeil asked, taking his headset off and stretching. Jae yawned and took his off as well.

"Yeah that's fine. I'm gonna run home real quick if that's ok," Doyoung said. The two boys nodded and smiled.

"Yeah sure that's fine. I think I'm gonna do some shopping. Meet again next week?" Taeil asked. Jae and Doyoung nodded.

"See you guys later," Jae said. He packed his things and took the elevator down to the main floor. He nearly walked right past Taeyong.

"Hey babe! How long have you been here?" Jae asked as they started walking.

"I had to talk to Lee Soo Man real quick and though I'd wait for you. I have plans for dinner," the older replied, lacing his hand in Jae's. The couple walked out of the building and started strolling down the lightly snow covered sidewalk. They slipped their masks and hoodies on.

They made a small conversation until Taeyong stopped in front of a fancy restaurant, holding the door open for Jae. Taeyong led the younger in and stopped at the desk.

"Do you have a reservation?" the waiter asked. Taeyong took off his hoodie and mask and smiled at the young man.

"Yes. Lee Taeyong," he answered. The waiter smiled and grabbed their menu's, leading them to the very back of the restaurant where they had privacy and space.

"I'll be right back with your drinks. Let me know when you're ready to order." The young man left and Jae gave Taeyong a quizzical look.

"What's this all about?"

Taeyong grinned and grabbed Jae's hand. "You've been working really hard with this collaboration. I just wanted to do something nice for you."

Jae blushed and smiled, his love for Taeyong becoming impossibly stronger. How did he end up with someone so perfect?

The waiter brought back two glasses filled with a deep red liquid, most likely wine. He set down their basket of the finest bread in Korea and clasped his hands together.

"Are you two ready to order?" he asked.

"Sorry, not yet. Soon though," Tae answered. The man nodded and left. The older of the two then stripped off his jacket, revealing a tuxedo Jae didn't notice earlier. He became even more sceptical.

"Tae, what?..."

"I wanted to look presentable for Manager nim. Don't worry," he lied. Jae shrugged it off and took a sip of his drink. The two shared a slice of bread, but not before slathering it in cinnamon butter first.

"What would you like to order Jae?" Taeyong asked. The younger blushed and looked down at his menu. Why was Taeyong acting so weird?

"Um, I think I'll have grilled salmon and a salad. How about you?" Jae caught Taeyong staring at him. He blushed again. What the heck?...

"I'll have the sushi meal. I've been craving sushi for a while." Taeyong called the waiter over and they placed their order. He made sure they didn't get a too big meal as he wanted them to leave room for desert. Questions were fludding Jae's thoughts and Tae seemed to notice as it showed in the younger's eyes.

They conversed over small things like promotions and potential lyrics until their meal arrived. They were somewhat quiet while they ate, Jae questioning Taeyong's actions and Taeyong nervously waiting for meal to be done but not showing it.

"Have you ever thought about... adopting a child?" Jae asked suddenly. The question startled Taeyong. He wasn't expecting it at all.

"I-I've never thought about. Would you like to?"

"It would interesting. Our big house is kind of lonely, don't you think? All that space for just two people?"

Taeyong thought for a second as they finished their main course and waited for desert. Adoption? It had never even entered his mind. Would they be able to handle having a child to take care of?

~

Finally they were finishing their desert. Taeyong excused himself for a moment. Jae patiently ate his slice of cake, waiting for his boyfriend to return. He never noticed the tables around him fill throughout the night. For some reason, some of the couples looked familiar. Wait, was that Yuta and Sicheng over there?

Taeyong returned, bringing the younger out of his thoughts. He focused on the shorter boy as he sat down at the edge of his seat and glanced around. 

"Jae, I have something to ask you," he started a little nervously. Soft music started playing behind him and phones were pulled out to record them. What was going on?

Jae watched as Taeyong  knelt in front of him and turned the younger to face him. The boy's heart sped up.

"My Jae, I've been wanting to ask this for years now but have been waiting for the right time," Tae said, holding Jae's shaky hands in his. "You helped me in ways no one else could. I can't believe I stumbled into you. Even if I was acting like a fuckboy when we first met. You brought me out of my comfort zone and showed me a life that I never thought I could have. You've shown me a love I never knew existed. You completely changed my life for the better. I'm not sure what I would ever do without you. So I wanted to ask-"

Jae's breath nearly halted as Taeyong reached into his pocket and pulled out a small velvet box. Tears pricked his eyes as his face went pale, his hand covering his wide grin.

"Jung Jaehyun, will you marry me?"

Jae sobbed and fell to the floor, embracing Taeyong as his mind raced. The crowd started clapping and yelling 'say yes'. Tae chuckled nervously and rubbed the younger's back.

"Is that a yes, or-"

Jae cut him off. "Yes Taeyong! Oh my god I love you so much," he exclaimed, connecting their lips in a teary open mouthed kiss. They broke apart so Taeyong could slip the ring on Jae's finger. The crowd was ecstatic, congratulating the two and throwing roses in their direction, not wanting to hit them. Jae clung to Taeyong as tears flowed down his cheeks non-stop. He would have never guessed that this is what Taeyong had planned for them. The love of his life had made his heart swell again.

"I love you so so much my little Jae. With all my heart," Taeyong whispered in the younger's ear. Taeyong pulled back slightly and placed his hands on Jae's cheeks, wiping off the tears with his thumbs. Jae kissed the older's lips gently.

"I love you too Taeyong. You're my everything and I could never live without you. Thank you."

====

Everyone I CRIED writing this chapter! I love it so much! I hope you did too 😋

How is everyone? I hope you all are healthy and having an amazing life.

Saranghaeyo~

Kelly💗