T W E N T Y

Jae was startled awake from his fitful sleep by his phone ringing. He yawned and sat up, grabbing it and answering.

"Hello?"

"Are you Lee Jaehyun, Lee Taeyong's husband?" a lady asked on the other side. Suddenly Jae's heart started pounding as he slowly got to his feet.

"Y-yes... what's wrong?" he replied, his voice quivering.

"Well we have your husband here in the ER currently-"

"YOU WHAT?!" he screamed cutting the nurse off. He rushed out of his old room and bolted down the stairs past Yuta, Sicheng, Mark and Donghyuck to where his shoes were lying on the floor and quickly slipped them on, grabbing his keys and phone. He was about to hurry out of the house when Yuta stopped him..

"Jae what's wrong?"

"Sir are you still there?" the lady asked. Jae turned his attention to her.

"Yes what hospital? Is he ok?! Please tell me he's ok-" Jae broke into tears, placing his hand over his mouth to stay quiet.

"He's in Seoul Red Cross Hospital-"

Jae hung up went for the door. Mark ran and hugged his leg looking worried and scared. Jae picked him up and hugged him.

"Let's go get Daddy Tae ok? Guys, they have Taeyong at the hospital and I'm going to him. Don't expect us back anytime soon." Jae left with Mark in his arms, hurrying into the car and nearly speeding all the way to the hospital.

When he arrived, he grabbed Mark and ran inside, frantically getting someone's attention. Soon a nurse went up to him and set a hand on his arm trying to calm him.

"Sir are you ok-"

"Where is he?! Where is Taeyong!?" he nearly yelled. He had set Mark down when they entered the hospital and now the little boy was clinging to his father's leg crying silently.

"Are you Lee Jaehyun?" the nurse asked.

"Yes now where is he?! Please take me to him-" he answered on the verge of tears.

"He's in the ER right now Mr. Lee. He has some internal bleeding and broken ribs. He's also had some head trauma and might be in a coma for a while. He was nearly beaten to death. We need you to just stay calm and not freak out. Here, sit in the waiting room. We're not sure when they're going to be done, so please be patient."

Jae broke into tears, slumping into a chair. The nurse just patted his shoulder and walked away. Mark crawled into Jae's lap and clung into him, scared for his daddy's.

They couldn't lose Taeyong. He was Jae's emotional support, his life, his everything. Jae couldn't cope without him. He just hoped that Taeyong would forgive. He needed Taeyong to wake up healthy. Jae wouldn't be able to live with himself if Taeyong died. The last thing they did was fight. How can someone live with that?

-

Jae must've dosed off in the waiting room chair because he jolted awake to a faintly lit room. Mark had his head in Jae's lap, napping. Jae sighed and let the boys hair, his eyes filling with tears again. How would they be able to go on without Taeyong?

Jae's phone started ringing in his pocket. He pulled it out and answered, not seeing the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Jae where are you! What happened?" Sicheng asked on the other side.

"We're at the hospital. Taeyong got- T-Tae was beat. I-I don't know the details yet. Sich, they don't even know if he's gonna make it. S-Sicheng, I'm scared," Jae admitted. "I'm terrified. The last thing I told him to do was get out of my house and not to come back until he got his shit together. What if he doesn't make it Cheng! I-I need him! Wh-what if-"

"Jae calm down. Yuta and I are coming ok? Don't worry. He'll make it ok? He would never leave you. We'll be there soon," Sicheng replied. Jae replied with a quiet ok and hung up. Mark yawned and sat up, rubbing his eyes with his little hands and looking up at Jae.

"Morning buddy. Did you have a nice nap?" Jae asked. Mark nodded and cuddled up into his daddy.

"When will daddy Tae wake up? Can we see him?" he asked. Jae was just about to answer when the same nurse that they met walked up to them.

"Excuse me, Mr. Lee, but I just wanted to let you know that Taeyong has come out of the ER and is in a stable state. He'll live, but it will be awhile before he's 100% better. He's currently sleeping right now. Luckily he never went into a coma. Would you like to see him?"

Jae jumped to his feet and held Mark in his arms. "Y-yes please. Take me to him."

The nurse led him down the hall and into a room where Jae nearly fell to the ground. Taeyong was laying nearly lifeless on the bed with a UV in his arm and many more tubes attached to him. He had patches covering most of his body. He was a complete mess, but still looked beautiful in Jae's eyes. Mark sobbed into Jae's chest and the older rubbed his back soothingly.

"It's ok," he whispered in Mark's ear. "Daddy is gonna be ok."

====

Heyyyy omg sorry for such a late update! I know it's short but I hope you enjoyed it. Love you!!

Saranghaeyo~

Kelly💖