T H R E E

"Wake up my Jae," Taeyong called softly to his sleeping fiancé. He gently shook him by his broad shoulder. The younger grumbled and tiredly sat up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. Taeyong smiled at how adorable Jae seemed to always look when he first woke up. It was a beautiful sight to witness.

"What time is it?" Jae asked, yawning.

"Time for you to get up honey. I have big plans for today. Be downstairs in half an hour. Love you," the older explained kissing Jae briefly. Then he left out of the room and rushed down the stairs and back into the kitchen where he had cinnamon rolls in the oven and coffee in the brewer.

Jae stretched and got up, going into the bathroom where he found an outfit already picked out for him. It wasn't anything too extravagant; just a simple pair of ripped jeans and a warm turquoise hoodie. He quickly changed and did his hair before making his way down to the delicious smelling kitchen. When Taeyong saw the younger he smiled and directed him toward a chair, placing a plate with four cinnamon rolls and a cup of hot sweet coffee in front of him.

"So what do you have planned today Yongie?" Jae asked taking a bite into the flavorful roll.

Taeyong sat next to him. "I was thinking we could go get some new accessories for the house and maybe do some window shopping."

Jae chuckled and placed his free hand on Taeyong's thigh. "I love how being famous doesn't stop you from doing normal things," he commented. Taeyong grinned and set his hand over his fiancé's,

The boys finished their delectable breakfast and cleaned up before slipping on beanies, gloves, masks, and warmer jackets. Taeyong made sure he had his wallet and keys before they walked out and started down the white sidewalk.

It may have been a cold day, but it didn't bother the newly engaged couple. They walked around the busy town hand in hand for hours, buying a few things here and there, trying a few different food trucks, and all in all enjoying themselves.

The couple had made sure to tell their boss and collab partners that they were taking the day off, wanting to spend it together as a newly engaged couple. They had their phones, yes, but they were to be used for emergencies only.

"It's a little chilly don't you think? Wanna start going back?" Jae asked. They were both carrying three to four bags filled with jewelry, clothing, shoes, etc. Random things.

"That's ok," the older answered. The started back to their home.

They were halfway there when Taeyong noticed something curled up under a very thin blanket, shivering madly. He dropped his bags and bolted to the figure, dropping down onto his knees next to it. He removed the sheet slightly and found that it was a young boy around 8 years old. The boys lips were blue and his teeth were chattering.
"Jae, call a cab! We have to help him!" Taeyong called to Jaehyun shakily. The younger obeyed quickly.

Taeyong shrugged his jacket off his shoulders and wrapped it tightly on the little boy's frail body. His eyes opened slightly trying to figure out what was happening.

"Hey little guy. I'm taking you home with me ok? It's too cold for such a small child like you to be out here ok?" Taeyong said softly. The boy nodded, his lip trembling and tears rimming his eyes. Taeyong picked the boy up carefully and got into the cab with Jae.
At home the two rushed inside and set the boy in front of the fireplace, Taeyong turning up the heater while Jae prepared the fire. When the boy started to warm up Taeyong and Jae sat with him, close but not too close.

"Why were you like that in such cold weather?" Jae asked gently. The boy hugged his knees and gazed into the fire momentarily.

"M-my mommy and daddy left me. They left me to f-freeze and die. They said I was t-too much of a burden," he replied, whimpering. Taeyong scooted closer to the fragile child and pulled him into his lap.

"I'm sorry. That's terrible. You're safe now. Jae and I will take care of you," Taeyong said. The boy cried silently, cuddling into the older's chest.

Jae chuckled and slid an arm around Taeyong's shoulders. "How old are you?" he asked.

It took a moment for the young boy could reply. Jae waited patiently, carefully stroking the boys hair.

"I-I turned seven a few months ago. That's when they left me. My mommy left me on the street-" the boy sobbed, his high pitched voice filling the room.

"It's ok. We've got you," Tae said soothingly. He gave Jae a worried look.

"Is it ok if I ask your name?" Tae asked. The little boy nodded his head against the older's chest.

"M-Mark Lee. My daddy would always called me Markie. I miss him so much," he answered. Suddenly his stomach growled.

"Here, how about we go have some dinner? And then we can get you a warm bath and fresh clothes alright? How's that sound?" Jae said playfully. The boy smiled through his tears and let Jae hold his tiny hand as he led him to the kitchen. Soon Taeyong could hear giggling and voices whispering to each other and decided that maybe caring for a child was a good idea after all.

~

Two hours later they all were fed and bathed, wearing warm pjs with a cup of hot chocolate in their palms. Little Mark was sitting in between the older boys, looking through a photo album Taeyong had kept over the years.

"Is this you Taeyongie?" Mark asked, pointing to a picture of Taeyong as a child being tackled by Yuta. The oldest smiled and relished the memory.

"Yep. And that's my best friend Yuta. Maybe one day soon you can meet him and his boyfriend Sicheng. They would adore you," Taeyong answered, ruffling the child's hair. The boy giggled and flipped to the next page.

Suddenly he closed the book and looked up at the older boys with big doll eyes.

"Will you take care of me now? Is this my new home?" Mark asked. Taeyong's heart swelled as he glanced over at Jae who had tears in his eyes.

"I don't know. Do you want this to be your home?" Jae asked.

"Yes yes yes! Thank you so much Taeyongie and Jae!" the little boy exclaimed excitedly. The older boys laughed as Mark gave them each tight hugs and kisses on the cheek.

"Will you be my daddys?" the youngest asked.

"Yep," Taeyong answered, blushing slightly. Jae chuckled and patted Mark's head.

"Off to bed now. We've got a big day tomorrow. Come," Mark and Taeyong followed Jae as he led them upstairs and to the guest room across from their own.

"Are you ok to sleep in here?" Tae asked, squatting down to the boys height.

He shyly looked away from the room and shook his small head. "N-no thank you. I'm scared of being alone. Can I sleep with you Daddy?"

Taeyong looked at Jae for conformation. Jae barely nodded, a grin engulfing his face.

"Come," Taeyong said. He gently grabbed Mark's tiny hand and led him to his and Jae's room, letting the now tired boy crawl to the middle of the bed and snuggle on the comfy sheets.

"Good night Daddy Tae. Good night Daddy Jae," the boy whispered when the two snuggled on each side of him. They each placed a kiss to his cheeks, making the little boy giggle in a squeaky voice.

"Good night little Markie."

====

Ok so y'all might be confused. So in the first chapter I wrote about Mark wanting to do a collaboration with Taeyong. That was a mistake. I didn't mean to type Mark. That's why it's now Jaemin. I hope you understand. Thank you!

Saranghaeyo~

Kelly💖