Losing.

Y/n's POV:

Sora: alright, so ill get most of the eastern federations technology, along with Izuna and every other kemonomimi on this continent.

Sora: its nice how my hard work is finally paying off.

While Sora continued to celebrate his victory, I noticed izuna was still sitting in her chair with her head down.

Ino walked over to comfort her.

Ino: Izuna, this is not your responsibility. This is a failure for our country, you were simply following orders I gave you.

Y/n: Izuna, that's not why your upset is it?

Izuna: huh?

Y/n: your upset because you had fun playing, right?

Izuna: lot's of people will suffer because I lost, if only I didn't have those feelings I could of won! Because of me many people will die all because I had fun!

Izuna didn't know what to do and she started crying, everyone was silent and her cries echoed off the walls.

Y/n: Izuna, no matter what you did we Still would of won, but I think your confused. No one's gonna suffer or die.

Izuna: huh?

Y/n: this whole world is just a game, but no has realized that yet.

Izuna looked at me with skepticism as I bent down and patted her head.

Y/n: if you don't believe me, we'll have to play a game.

Izuna's ears perked up and I could tell she was interested.

Y/n: no tricks, no cheats, just me and you. If I win I'll explain to you what I mean, and if I lose we'll become friends okay?

Time skip:
(3rd person POV)

All the spectators were watching the screen. Including Sora, Shiro, jibril, Steph, kurami, and fiel.

The game was setup in a classic western style duel.

Y/n: let's start with a coin toss, when the coin hits ground we'll fire.

Izuna stared at you with cold eyes. You were the only person to ever beat her at a game.

She assumed you said all that to lure her into this game.

The sound of the coin rang out and it hit the ground.

Izuna lowered her head and didn't intend on using her gun.

You slowly drew your gun and pointed it at her.

If izuna lost you would explain to her why no one would die, releasing her from her guilt.

Even if she didn't like your explanation she had no reason to become "friends" with you.

She would lose deliberately and get the information she needed.

Y/n: if I'm being honest...

You placed your finger on the trigger and pulled it.

Y/n: I'm pretty disappointed in you.

Izuna: don't underestimate me!

At the same time your bullet flew from the barrel, Izuna lifted her head with blood stained eyes.

Faster the speed of the bullet, Izuna drew her gun and fired two shots.

The first one hit your bullet changing its course. Izuna was sure the second bullet would hit your head.

Instead it grazed your cheek, you predicted her firing the second shot.

Even with blood devastation izuna wasn't fast enough to dodge the next bullet you fired.

As she felt the bullet enter her chest she heard your voice.

Y/n: I knew it, you do want to win.

Y/n: it's okay to be upset about your country but that's not why you were crying.

Y/n: it hurts to lose for the first time doesn't it?

Y/n: winning the game was just an obligation for you but you finnaly had fun since you lost.

Y/n: how does feel to bet everything against an opponent you can never win against.

Y/n: facing this opponent, how do you beat them?

Two certain siblings flashed in your mind when you said this.

Isn't the struggling to win the best part?

Y/n: if you understand this Izuna, then we're already friends.

Y/n: but, in accordance with the pledges I'll tell you the reason no one will die, so please lend me your cute little ears.

You knelt down and told Izuna, when you were done she closed her eyes and smiled.

Izuna: next time, I won't lose.

Hey wattpad, after a break I'm finnaly back with another chapter and I hope you enjoy it. I wanted to work on developing your relationship with izuna in this chapter so I hope I did a good job. Until next time.