Fate's Design

Copyright © 2019 by SerenityR0se

All rights reserved.

No part of this book may be reproduced in any form without the permission in writing from the author. The only exception is by a reviewer, who may quote short excerpts in a review.

This book is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events, or locales is entirely coincidental.

 Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events, or locales is entirely coincidental

--⊰♥⊱--

-Fate's Design-

Book 5 of The Deliverance Series

Conclusion of The Deliverance Series

  --⊰♥⊱--

(Not Edited)

--⊰♥⊱--

"...because sometimes your wish can be your worst nightmare."

My gaze travels to Wyn, watching him eat the slice of roast he has off his plate. He laughs when another pack member points at his chin and sure enough, gravy drips off it. Wyn cleans himself off, brushing it off as he scratches the back of his head briefly, though his demeanor shifts slightly when he catches me looking at him.

Shit...

He glances away from me, his ears turning red. Releasing a small sigh, I finish off my food, waiting for others to leave before I excuse myself. Wyn quickly gets up though, his hands closing around the plate opposite from me as he says, "Let me get that for you."

His smile is genuine, bright.

A slight weight lifts from my chest, but I shake my head and reply, "I'm fine."

A half-breed werewolf once dormant.

An omega.

Anything I allow Wyn to do for me is already a sign of weakness, that I cannot provide or protect, but now it just brings everything down a level...if that's even possible.

"Alpha Mer-"

"I said, I'm fine," my tone alters slightly, and his grip loosens on the plate, Wyn taking a step back as he releases the plate and sits down.

"Alpha Merle," Alpha Keir's tone is sharp, realizing how quiet the table is...even Princess Edith is staring at me in silence. Alpha Keir lifts his chin and states, "Don't give orders to anyone in my pack, especially my omega," he stares at me hard. I want to roll my eyes, understanding his protectiveness over a mere omega...after all, Ashling was one.

I part my lips to speak, stating, "With all due respect, Alpha Keir, your omega is my mate and-"

"Dot treated her mate with more respect in a single look than you can in silence," Alpha Keir snarls, his features altering. He narrows his eyes and continues, "and Dot is by far your superior in all aspects. Treat your mate with the respect he deserves. An equal. Besides..." he lowers himself back down into his chair, raising a glass to his lips, "...I can guarantee that Wyn could take you easily in a fight."

My muscles tense, my hands drawing into fists as the plate shatters. My features remain emotionless, the anger building but stopping right before it reaches the surface. An insult...that's all he's throwing at me. It doesn't matter what Wyn is, I just must fucking figure this shit out in my own time! Besides, with how Alpha Keir is describing Wyn and Dot...it's like they've known each other for a lifetime!

I snarl, glancing down at Wyn.

He's probably a liar...why wouldn't he mate with Dot if she claimed him?!

Wyn backs away, cowering into his chair.

"Merle?" It's Princess Edith's voice that breaks me from an almost irreversible mistake. Her hand touches one of my fists, looking up at me as I turn my attention on her. She leans against my arm and says, "Don't be mad, please." She looks back up at me, her eyes welling with tears as I force myself to take deep breathes.

She's right...

...I shouldn't allow myself to delve into emotions too deep. After all, that's partially the reason I became an Alpha so young. My emotions...they caused his death...

Not again.

I promised.

--⊰♥⊱--

I'm a Wattpad Futures Author, which means you will see short ads in between chapters that I'm actually paid for. Please, take a few moments of your time to watch as I spend hours of my time writing for what you read for free. It's most appreciated, thank you in advance.

PenumbraMine was the winner of a contest I held to help design certain aspects of the main character for this book along with Tempted Fate. Here is her special shoutout.

PenumbraMine also is an amazing poet and wrote a few little reminiscent thoughts that I love and believe everyone should read.

Chapter 54 of Tempted Fate
Fly away sparrow, fly away home
The time has come to be alone
Blood is spilled
Hearts are thrilled
Freedom through revolution
Change and evolution
But Death must have her due
And get justice for her mother too

Epilogue of Tempted Fate
The queen on her throne
Cast judgement alone
The Gamesman beside
His memories now lie
As Hybrids stand watch
Beyond the Veil hopscotch
Her quest to mend Time
With goddesses devine
But her hope are crushed
During her traitorous rush
Her sister pays the cost
Is made the Vessel and lost
The sparrow betrayed
Taken and caged from this day

Epilogue of Tempted FateThe queen on her throneCast judgement aloneThe Gamesman besideHis memories now lieAs Hybrids stand watchBeyond the Veil hopscotchHer quest to mend TimeWith goddesses devine But her hope are crushedDuring her traitorous rush...