⊰4⊱

🌕 🌖 🌗 🌘 🌑 🌒 🌓 🌔 🌕

"You'll be right across from one another," Luna Evalora explains and motions to the two rooms standing across the hallway, Princess Edith standing next to me. With dinner finished and Princess Edith having a chance to reconcile with Bryant and Rylan with a movie showing in the game room with the other pups, she's more at ease.

My guard is still up, questioning everything before me.

The sun falls, the moon creeping up high into the sky by the time Luna Evalora shows us our rooms, a slight nod of my head and a brief, "Thank you," before she leaves and I breathe out the air I hold in my lungs.

Princess Edith squeezes my hand, looking up at me as I look down at her, she questions, "Are you going to tuck me in?"

"You need me to?" I ask, tilting my head to the side.

She mutters beneath her breath and releases my hand, walking into the room and shutting the door behind her. Shaking my head, I walk into the room that's been provided for me. Closing the door behind me, I walk around the room, analyzing every detail. There's just one thing that stands out...the window can't be opened, because when I try it, I'm met with greater resistance then a mere lock.

"Merle!" Princess Edith cries and I'm quick to nearly crash through her door, only to see she's sitting up in bed beneath the covers.

Looking around, I ask, "What?"

"Can you sing me that song again?" She asks, her eyes wide and bright as she smiles widely.

Shaking my head, I turn to leave...

...though she cries out, "Please?!"

"I don't want to," I shrug my shoulders.

"I don't want to be with you!" She suddenly tears up and I turn back to see tears in her eyes, "But you don't see me complaining about it!"

Arching a brow, I state, "Technically, you are, right now."

Princess Edith gives me a face, one I've never seen before and it startles me, especially when she starts saying, "I'm going to tell my sister how much for a meanie you are and how you were so mean to me! She'll reject you! She doesn't need all her mates! Not one that's such a-"

"Hey!" I lower myself on the side of her bed and cup a hand over her flapping mouth, looking to the open door to the hallway, aware of other ears that might be listening. Lowering my voice, I tell her, removing my hand, "Alright," releasing a sigh, she snuggles down under the covers and I hum gently, "Rest your head little wolf, the world is out there, waiting for the chance to consume you. Rest easy now, right now, this one moment of still...perfection, remember this calmness little wolf. Let your lashes kiss your cheeks, sleep softly in the moonlight, rest assured she'll watch over and protect you. Your worries and fears are all in your head, don't let them consume you like the waiting of the world."

Princess Edith's eyelids are shut, her breathing steady as she lies on her back. Rising to my feet, she murmurs, "Was it that hard?"

I don't even entertain her potential argument. Instead, I reach the door and tell her, "Goodnight."

Releasing a sigh, I walk across the hall to my room, closing the door behind me and rolling my shoulders. My muscles are tense, stretching my neck as I walk toward the window. Looking outside, I see there are a few from both packs still up, enjoying entertainment and each other's company.

I need a plan.

Alpha Brayden knows Dot, but he doesn't know where she is.

My best bet is heading toward the north and arriving at Castle Starr...