⊰51⊱

Silence.

Drea's tears, her weeping, it's the only thing that breaks through the darkness surrounding us. Aeon did this, he destroyed...everything.

It's as if we are floating in space, time itself can't separate what we feel.

"He's gone..." Drea cries, slamming her fists against the obsidian stairs, Kindred standing alongside her.

What we believed to be floating within a bubble...it becomes very clear though, that the world is reshaping its surface in a matter of seconds. Many gasps, taken aback as we begin to watch the reforming of a new world, a new place we will call home.

Why us though?

Why are we left behind while the rest...?

...everything begins to lift. The presence we once felt, almost as if it's become dormant. I know what the was though, it's unmistakable for what I've followed with others blindly.

Aeon.

Why would he destroy...everyone?

My heart beats evenly, staring in shock and horror at the realization. This, this is not a god we can trust in. The fact that we are alive is purely by luck. How could he be so cruel?

The world grows light, a distant warmth bathing slightly in its presence. I can hear her, a melodic voice that speaks to no one in particular, more so, as if she's the last one. It's not Queen Arunika though, for I know her all too well, no, it must be Selene.

"To take life with no remorse, or no just cause..." her voice is pained, my heart lurching forward as I begin to see the sun and moon rising multiple times in the span of seconds. She continues though, "Aeon...your origins were once life, vital force, being. We should never intervene in the lives of our children. This is their world, regardless of the power we possess, though...sleeping brother...rest you shall for an aeon, just as you always have, just as you always will. When you wake once again, I will protect our children with everything in my power with every God and Goddess that believe in the life and death natural cycle."

The world is alive once more, staring at the beauty of its creation.

It's brief though for, in a matter of seconds, I feel something ripe through the area in front of our bubble.

"You've damned your children, for those who follow in your destructiveness, shall remain behind a veil. All who believe can no longer give you power in belief beyond the veil. You will grow weaker, my brother. This will be the last aeon...for this, I am sure...one way or another, this world can only take a toll once more," her voice is airy this time, my eyes wide open as I notice the flickering of light before it feels like the air is being taken from our lungs. It is enough force, that I can no longer fly, falling and landing on one of the steps to the castle.

A once proud people and city...

...Akregale stands alone.

I'm breathing hard, grasping the edges of the table as the cylinder shatters when I misplace it. My eyes are wide open, bringing my gaze slowly to lift and meet with Tresor, his eyes holding a new light as I state, "You've..." I shake my head, unable to understand how overwhelming the emotions of his blood memories hold.

"I've seen this world fall and rise before," Tresor nods, glancing away, "I don't want to see it happen again as I know it has happened again in a future that is no longer your own, nor Dot's..." as his voice trails off, I see everything that he holds for her. He looks to me and states, "So...I've done everything in my power, searching through our history, uncovering prophecies..."