⊰55⊱

Lightning forks across the sky, Kai and I running back to the rest of the group, just as a loud thunderclap nearly knocks everyone to the ground. Dot holds her ground as she turns to Tresor, a large demon nearly double the size as Prince Carnivale appears close by.

Tresor nods his head, "Prince Rosier, he's a Second Hierarchy among the Prince of Powers," he groans slightly as he grasps the center of his chest, breathing out sharply, "I hardly have any energy, I won't be of much assistance."

Acacia furrows her brows and questions, "We can help, th—"

"Don't give him your energy," Dot cuts her off shortly, Acacia looking to her with confusion. Dot shakes her head, "He knew this would happen when he transported this many beings at once. We can't risk anyone else's energy-depleting." I see the way Dot narrows her eyes on Tresor, the slight resentment still lingers.

Acacia nods her head, though nearly falls over, Titan reaching out and aiding her as Prince Rosier takes a step toward our group.

Dot breathes out, "We're going to have to rush him at once, all together."

With a slight nod of my head, I state, "Kai was the Commander of Arthur Valentine...he'll know how to coordinate attacks with Acacia and Titan."

"I don't want them anywhere near this," Dot tells me, begging to see what she is.

"They are true borns..." my voice trails off, looking to Wyn and Kai, "...if anything, they match more than our mate and beloved."

Another step draws closer, the demon to end our surrender.

"I won't risk their lives," Dot shakes her head, though she turns to Kai and instructs, "I need you to watch out and keep them safe, okay? Prince Rosier will head for Acacia each time, his sole focus for her alone. Get him into a position that we are able to take advantage of; that's the type of commander we need right now."

Kai glances from Dot and then to me, before he nods, "Alright, I'll give you an opening with back vulnerability. The only chance we have of killing it is by removing the head...I don't see any other way."

"Alright!" Wyn speaks up, clearing his nervousness as he says, "I'm ready to fight!"

"Wyn, I..." Dot's voice trails off, though it's cut off a second later by Kai.

Kai interjects, "No, that's good...Wyn, can you shift? You'll be faster in fur and will be able to help from below while Dot and Merle aim for the demon's neck. We will need more than one mere distraction of playing chicken with the demon and the twins."

My lips part to speak and I agree, "Let's do it."

While I'd given Tresor the Tome of Ataraxia to look over until or if it was ever needed, he'd been able to practically make it vanish. It will be of no use to Dot, not if she can remain the way she is.

Don't give in.

Kai turns to Acacia and Titan, ordering, "Let's go. We're going to head for the furthest point of the old castle ruins in the distance. Follow my lead, and don't deviate, do you both understand?"

Titan nods and replies, "Y-Ye-ah."

"Acacia?" Kai asks her, as I notice then that Acacia's attention had drifted to Prince Rosier. Kai's voice is the only thing to bring her out of her stupor.

"Yeah, okay," she turns and nods back to Kai.

Remember, Acacia is powerful.

I connect with Kai as he immediately takes off running with the twins near him, drawing the attention of the demon toward them.