⊰50⊱

"We need to-"

"Vexy, if you want to stay and help as you've already declared," I interject Nimue for but a moment and nod at the succubus, "take Vexy with you and head to Castle Valentine now."

Nimue furrows her brows as Vexy and her look to one another, before she asks, "You?"

I turn to Tresor and state, "We'll be along in a moment."

Vexy's eyes widen before she grins, "Ohhhhhhh, I would love to stick around for this..."

"I'm sure you would, however," I appeal to her demonic nature, the darker side of what she is as I haven't been, "wouldn't you gather more interest in the chaos plaguing the crown?" After arching a brow at her, I see her tilt her head from side to side briefly, outweighing her options before she nods and steps closer to Nimue.

I don't play games...

...though it seems I'm the only one not willing to take a place within this game as one piece of a larger puzzle.

Nimue glances at Tresor and he nods, "Go on, it's fine."

Without another word, Nimue reaches out and grasps Vexy's arm before they vanish a second later. I need to understand...

"How did you know to come to this place?" I stare at Tresor hard, watching as he sets the Tome of Ataraxia down on the table. I motion around, "Hel, Thea, whatever...this is a place of worship, though it's been long forgotten. Tell me the truth...no, wait, show me."

Tresor and I stand a few feet apart, his eyes holding mine as he remains silent and still. He finally states, "You've bonded with Dot, you've seen her blood memories of-"

"No, I haven't," I cut him right off, "I don't pry into memories the way most do, especially when I bonded with her. I strayed away from anything regarding you because of how much you hurt her. I need to understand how far back and how deep this truly goes."

Tresor tells me shortly, "You won't like what you find."

"I'll be the judge of that," I retort with a light scoff.

Tresor raises his brows before he nods, "Very well," moving the book to the side of the table while his form slowly shifts, his true nature coming forward. He turns fully to the table, raising his arm before nearly tearing flesh from his forearm. He allows the blood to drain into a cylinder, though he keeps his eyes on me as I walk around to the other side of the table. Tresor's wings fold against his back, his tail nearly low to the stone ground when I come to a halt across the table from him.

Tresor seals his wound shut, his eyes dancing with light as he motions to the cylinder. I reach my hand out for it, grasping and bringing the metal toward my lips. He chuckles and sighs, "Don't take more than you can swallow." An eerie feeling embeds itself beneath my skin, a dark feeling encompassing my body as I can't prepare myself for his memories...

"Brother?" Drea's voice startles me as I'm nearly miles away from the castle. Halting in the air, my wings keeping me steady, I see her catch herself on her own, furrowing her brows as she questions, "Where are you going?"

"I'm meeting with friends," I smile gently, though she doesn't buy it that easily.

"You meeting with your friends keeps popping up more often," she releases a sigh and motions to the castle, "Lohrex mentioned that you missed the last relic sacrifice to Aeon."

I see, so my brother in law is using my sister as a goffer...great.

"We're worried about you..." her voice trails off.