⊰9⊱

🌕 🌖 🌗 🌘 🌑 🌒 🌓 🌔 🌕

Loud.

The commotion surrounds me as I sit at one of the chairs around the enormous table that holds Alpha Keir's pack. I'm in my thoughts mostly, released from the cell an hour ago and joining the pack for dinner. Wyn sits next to me, while Princess Edith is happy as can be sitting with the pups at a separate table. I glance at her out of the corner of my eye, wary still of how we're being looked upon at our arrival.

Wyn's quiet, nervous and fidgety for the most part.

Odd...

...why is he acting this way?

I shake my head, watching Luna Laura speak to Alpha Keir, quick exchanges before food is brought out and served. Once everyone has a plate, Alpha Keir stands and states, "I'd like to make it known that Alpha Merle and Edith will be spending time with our pack for as long as they wish. Regardless of their unfamiliar scents, they will not be treated as rogues within my territory."

Murmurs break out, others acknowledging, lifting their cups and glasses. A bit of tension eases from my shoulders, though this still isn't enough to relax me completely. Alpha Keir and I stare at one another, and I release a short huff before I glance away. This isn't the Alpha Keir I've known for a short time. He treated me as an equal, respect...

...this one wants my submission.

It's easier to give him what he wants then fighting when I need him to trust me. The dinner conversation is mostly about how another Alpha will be coming to visit as they are close friends...perhaps family? I didn't quite catch everything, but one mentioned that they have ties to one of Rose's mates. It's all a mess and I rather don't care for this. The only thing I care about right now is Princess Edith's safety...and...

My gaze travels to Wyn, watching him eat the slice of roast he has off his plate. He laughs when another pack member points at his chin and sure enough, gravy drips off it. Wyn cleans himself off, brushing it off as he scratches the back of his head briefly, though his demeanor shifts slightly when he catches me looking at him.

Shit...

He glances away from me, his ears turning red. Releasing a small sigh, I finish off my food, waiting for others to leave before I excuse myself. Wyn quickly gets up though, his hands closing around the plate opposite from me as he says, "Let me get that for you."

His smile is genuine, bright.

A slight weight lifts from my chest, but I shake my head and reply, "I'm fine."

A half-breed werewolf once dormant.

An omega.

Anything I allow Wyn to do for me is already a sign of weakness, that I cannot provide or protect, but now it just brings everything down a level...if that's even possible.

"Alpha Mer-"

"I said, I'm fine," my tone alters slightly, and his grip loosens on the plate, Wyn taking a step back as he releases the plate and sits down.

"Alpha Merle," Alpha Keir's tone is sharp, realizing how quiet the table is...even Princess Edith is staring at me in silence. Alpha Keir lifts his chin and states, "Don't give orders to anyone in my pack, especially my omega," he stares at me hard. I want to roll my eyes, understanding his protectiveness over a mere omega...after all, Ashling was one.

I part my lips to speak, stating, "With all due respect, Alpha Keir, your omega is my mate and-"

"Dot treated her mate with more respect in a single look than you can in silence," Alpha Keir snarls, his features altering. He narrows his eyes and continues, "and Dot is by far your superior in all aspects. Treat your mate with the respect he deserves. An equal. Besides..." he lowers himself back down into his chair, raising a glass to his lips, "...I can guarantee that Wyn could take you easily in a fight."