⊰14⊱

🌕 🌖 🌗 🌘 🌑 🌒 🌓 🌔 🌕

Wyn...

...Checking on him takes me away from everything else happening around me. They judge too quickly around here. I've never felt this way before, to be cast out and must prove I'm who I am. It tears at my heart worse than I originally believed it would affect me, taking to the stairs and heading toward my room.

Aside from Edith, Wyn is the most genuine thing in my life right now.

It hit me hard when Alpha Marc regarded me the way he did. It reminded me, that I can't just skate by until everything comes to pass...this is my life and I can't do anything about it now. It's vital for me to prove myself, or I might slip up and become something that I'm not unintentionally, ruining the rest of my life.

That's a huge weight that weighs heavy on my chest. I don't want everything to the surface, biting the inside of my cheek as I approach the door and breathe out calmly. It might be too much for me to accept right now...hell, it fucking is! All of this...

...did I choose wrong?

Should I have just taken an easier route and died with the rest of them when our timeline collapsed, destroyed by Aeon when Queen Acacia could no longer keep him at bay...and her inevitable birth in this new timeline?

Why is Edith so important when she will also cease to exist at some point and be reborn?

What difference can she possibly make?

She doesn't harbor a goddess, like Dot...

...does she?

It won't matter.

I touch the door handle, opening the door inward gently.

Will it?

Releasing a sigh, I step inside the room, closing the door behind me as I see Wyn still asleep. Walking toward the edge of the bed, I see his chest rise and fall slowly, a soft smile on my lips at how serene he looks.

It doesn't matter what everyone else thinks of me...

...only him, Dot, Edith...and...my beloved, I've yet to encounter. It could very well be decades before that happens, so I'm going to enjoy the time I have with Wyn.

Time is precious and only a few can truly understand that after living through what Dot, Edith, and myself have. Even their memories will fade, gone when they are reborn...so, truly...in the end, will I truly be alone?

Shaking my head, I turn away from Wyn, leaving him be while I step inside the adjoining bathroom. Closing the door behind me, I remove my shirt, tossing it to the ground along with my pants and boxers, kicking my boots off in the process. Socks are the last thing to go as I run a hot shower, rolling my shoulders back beneath the stream of hot water. The tension begins to ease, stretching my neck from side to side.

It's a quick shower, stepping out and drying off before reaching for my clothes...

...I'm going to need a change, if not, the very least, to wash them. It won't matter right now, releasing a sigh and redressing before heading back into the bedroom.

Wyn's heartbeat immediately picks up, seeing him sitting up in bed brings a soft smile to my lips. At least he's doing better. I've never had to delve so far back to observe the blood memories that I'm searching for skipping past those like a blurry slideshow. Glimpses of events I did catch...hardly anything until I reached far enough back to find what I was searching for.

"Alpha Merle, I-"

"Merle," I nod at him, watching his features shift, knowing his heart lifts at the sudden change in pattern.