⊰27⊱

"Merle?" Wyn asks me gently, long after Actaeon leaves us alone to the rooms we're welcomed to stay within while Antarith. Dot is still unconscious, though Wyn and me both can feel the energy slowly building within her, almost like a ticking time bomb at this point. Both Princess Edith and Dot are resting in the adjoining room from Wyn and me, the door open wide though so we can keep an eye on them both.

I rub the back of my neck, exhaustion setting in. After everything, we've been through...

...it all hits me at once.

Having just a moment of rest and clarity relaxes me beyond what I realized my anxiousness had been experiencing this entire time. Unrest.

"Yes?" I ask, lifting the shirt off my back and over my head. Tossing it onto the chair across from me, sitting on the edge of the bed, I release a heavy sigh.

"What did Actaeon mean by he owes you...and...how does he know you?" Wyn's voice on edge, almost afraid of the answer he will receive. I don't know if he will or won't be afraid, after all...

...only my beloved and Dot have access to my blood memories. The moment we bond and mate, there will be no secret I can keep hidden, however, with Wyn, it still is avoidable...

I glance up at him as he takes my shirt off the chair, setting it on the armrest and sitting across from me.

I don't want to lie to him though. I've made a promise to him...

His voice is vividly clear within my mind, "Please, don't shut me out anymore."

It sticks with me, not wanting to let my response hold hollow words.

Never again.

Wyn looks at me with wide eyes as I connect with him. Tilting my head to the side, I connect once more.

I won't shut you out anymore.

His eyes hold light.

"Though, are you ready for my truth?" My words cause Wyn's heart to skip a beat. A bead of sweat is visible above his brows, unsure now as to what he's really asking of me.

Wyn nods quietly, before he affirms, "Please..." as his voice trails off, there's so much emotion when he states, "...I really don't know anything about you...I-I'm sorry..."

Fair point; I've come to understand his background over the time we spent at Alpha Keir's...his past, his present, though I can't tell what his future will hold. What our future will hold.

"Don't feel that way," I shake my head and lift the corners of my mouth briefly.

I guess...here we go...

"Okay," I begin, sitting up as I explain, "before I was transported back here by Queen Acacia Arin-Wood, I was known as Merle Callender, Alpha of the Crescent Light Reavers Pack. I led a pack of all werewolves, taking over leadership of said pack at the age of thirteen. My parents—"

The air catches in my lungs as the bridge of my nose stings, wading down the emotions as they are tempting to boil, ready to start and rise once again.

Wyn says nothing, just...watching me, staring at me, though as always, his eyes speak volumes what his voice cannot when it betrays him.

"A..." I bite the inside of my cheek and breathe, "...A-Allan and A-Arya Callender." It's bittersweet on my tongue, their names evoking a chill from within my soul. My gaze meets with Wyn's as I tell him, "They were true born hybrids as well...my, f-father descending from Karstan and Karli Callender. Karstan was the twin brother of Carlin...they were just regular werewolves back in the day, the evolution of our bloodline converging through bonds of mates, vampire, werewolf, hybrid...resulting in the end...me on Karstan's side."