⊰Epilogue⊱

"We really have made this such a homey little place, eh?" Kai motions around by the fireplace he has set ablaze as Wyn glances up from the book he's reading. I'm lying on the couch, glancing over at Kai, and then my gaze rests on Wyn.

True, the years we have spent trying to find a semblance of our place...

...our efforts weren't in vain, as years after Aeon was destroyed, we all felt that one moment when Dot's soul graced the furthest edges of our world. When Acacia became pregnant, there was much we had to discuss. We didn't know if Dot would be our Dot or not, not until she grew, though at the time, to protect us all from our emotions, Acacia and Loki requested that we all keep our distance.

It hurt at first, though I knew they were coming from a place of uncertainty, which leads to protection. Protecting their daughter, after everything she'd done to bring about an end to all the chaos, it was warranted, and we respected their concerns. Not only that, but Acacia also wanted Dot to grow up...normally.

I didn't meet Dot until she was eighteen, so...Dot emphasized that she didn't want to disrupt what history once wrote for us before. That hurt worse but again, I understood. Kai, Wyn, and I didn't want to hurt or impact the way Dot would grow up, surrounded by her friends and family that...ironically...knew everything about Dot, yet, she would remain the only one who didn't understand what she'd done.

They cherished her deeply, wanting to give her life back to her without complicating things. As we wouldn't be able to communicate often with the crown, as we kept our distance, and they wouldn't visit us as they were raising their daughter...I called upon a favor.

"It needs a woman's touch," Wyn laughed lightly while setting the book down, his sigh deep as it was only when Edith was born, that it took an even greater toll on us all to remain where we were.

"Well...you boys sure are...getting everything together, so to speak?" Vexy's voice broke the silence, looking up as she appears and rests her arms on the top of the couch.

I roll my eyes and ask, "How is she doing?"

"Who? The short snippy firecracker, or the larger version?" Vexy arches a brow and smirks, her tails flowing out behind her as she sighs, "Dot's birthday is tomorrow...so..."

Vexy kept a close eye on Dot for us, ensuring that she was taken care of, safe, and protected, though she gave us something we didn't have. She showed us moments, fleeting images of who Dot is, how she grew up while she watched out for her...there was still much we didn't understand about tempting fate. We weren't sure the repercussions that would follow. We never expected for Dot to be reborn after everything that she'd been put through with Hel, Thea...now, we get a chance at a fresh start.

I don't have any family.

I don't have a bloodline anymore, the price I paid for being sent back to aid Dot instead of dying and being reborn like everyone else had.

I'm the only one left from the original timeline, and I still don't understand what that means, though I take it one day at a time.

Wyn nods his head, glancing out the window as the night had taken over a while ago. His irises shift, Morpheus coming through with ease as Wyn slowly cuts us away. Kai shakes his head, "I'm still jealous at least he gets to somewhat see her..."

"Yeah," I release a sigh and nod, "soon..." I look to Vexy and question, "...what do I owe you after all of this is over?"

Vexy tilts her head from side to side and grins wickedly, "I have...something in mind."

"Uh-huh," I close my eyelids and sigh.

"Don't worry about it," she laughs, and I feel the air above me shift as she disappears.