⊰5⊱

🌕 🌖 🌗 🌘 🌑 🌒 🌓 🌔 🌕

They can't find Luna Evalora.

"How does locking me behind bars serve a purpose?" I ask, folding my arms against my chest as I stand beneath the pack house in the basement, behind bars that are silver and laced with wolfsbane. Apparently, a precaution that has been taken ever since hybrids have been turning up more frequently...

Alpha Brayden releases a sigh and rubs his forehead, "I don't want to believe that someone I welcomed in and showed hospitality to has turned against me," he pauses while my muscle tense, keeping as calm as I can under false accusations, "but by you being willing to stand behind these bars, it already says a lot."

"I'm to stay here until you find your mate?" I question skeptically, uneasiness passing over me.

Alpha Brayden nods and simply puts, "Yes," before turning on his heels and heading up to the main level of the pack house.

I don't understand why people must play games...

I'll show good faith and retain my innocence to the case by not attempting to leave. That's all I can do at this point to not strike up a conflict that isn't mine, to begin with.

Releasing a sigh, I lower myself onto the small cot that's provided, allowing myself to sleep, though it's mainly me waking multiple times an hour. I can't rest my mind; I can't ease myself away.

There are no windows down here, unable to detect the time of day. Though, I'm greeted by many others with Alpha Brayden at the head when he trudges down the steps and nears the bars I'm behind. Walking forward, our eyes meet, and I know that something is wrong before he says anything, because his face is pale.

"We need your help," Alpha Brayden admits, unlocking the door, though his eyes avert from mine instantly.

"What aren't you telling me?" I question him, watching the shift in demeanor.

Alpha Brayden clears his throat, still not able to look me in the eye, "Alpha Dot's sister...Edith has gone missing, along with my son," he finally brings his gaze to meet with mine, anger surging through me as I walk right past them. He continues to follow me, trying to reason as he states when we reach the level where our bedrooms are, "I know it can't be you when Edith turned up missing...and..." his voice trails off as I won't give him a second thought.

I step into her room and search. Glancing to the windows, it's at least early morning, the sun streaming through and onto the bed. Her covers are neat and tidy, and before I can ask him anything, Alpha Brayden states, "They've been found. We need to hurry," he's quick and rushes down the hallway before I can turn around.

Quickly, I follow him and his pack members, reaching outside the pack house only to see Alpha Bryson state, pointing in the direction he starts to rush in, "They found them on the lake...it's your mate, brother..." as his tone shifts, a darkness clouding between the two, it raises more alarms as we head out as fast as possible. Unsure of where this location is as I hadn't come across a lake when traveling with Princess Edith, I feel uneasy. Everything about this situation screams out that this is against Alpha Brayden and that I might have been the catalyst for one reason or another of my presence being here.

It's a while before we reach the area, though it looks like wolves have surrounded two men on their knees, submissive as Alpha Brayden approaches. As he does so, Alpha Bryson walks closer to the lake's edge, his gaze trailing off in disbelief.

Alpha Brayden commands, "What have you done?!"

The two being surround, one of them is strong enough to state, "How can we trust our Alpha to make decisions when he can't even make a choice with his mate?"