⊰38⊱

Amaranth...

...the flower that never fades. Sight; future.

It's like her parents knew she was born an oracle before she would have ever shown any signs.

"What would you all like to drink?" Luna Fayre asks with a kind smile as we are seated in a larger living room. The stone flooring screams the telltale sign of a coven breeding ground, however, the warmth that flicks from the fireplace and the many beautiful rugs brings back the heart of the pack.

I believe that Alpha Kaolin truly has captured the balance of hybrids, vampires, and werewolves living together as one; more so, dare I say than Dot's own bloodline.

"Oh, love, let me get," Eli giggles softly as her hand caresses Luna Fayre's shoulders before she walks toward the hall leading to a kitchen. She calls back, "Drink orders please!"

Luna Fayre shakes her head and replies, "Tea please."

"Raspberry brandy," Alpha Kaolin smiles as he gives his order.

"Water please," Dot replies.

Eli reminds her, "Anything you desire, please."

Dot glances at me and I shrug my shoulders, "I'll have the same as Alpha Kaolin."

"Me too!" Wyn calls.

Dot rolls her eyes and releases a small sigh. Oracle Amaranth is the one to say, "You need blood." Her stare is locked with Dot's as they sit across from one another on opposite couches.

Vexy smirks as she lingers near the fireplace, crouched down while staring into it.

"I don't, it's alrig-"

"No, it's not," Oracle Amaranth cuts her off and I inhale sharply, waiting for those who defy Dot to be spoken out against. I'm surprised though, Dot's hands clenching into fists as they rest on her lap. Oracle Amaranth reiterates, "Alpha Dorothea Mercer-Arin will take a glass of O-Negative, slightly cold though, as her stomach doesn't sit well with the way fresh blood warms her. The only time it's tolerable, is when she has no other choice...although," she pauses briefly before her eyes flicker briefly, "she has enjoyed it once."

Dot's eyes are wide open, her muscles tense as her jaw is slack. Her voice is barely above a whisper as she asks, "How could you know something that personal?"

The oracle says nothing, simply glancing between Dot and Wyn and it all makes sense at this point.

Of course, when they mated...

...though, how can this oracle know something as intimate as that? It seems beyond the scope of what I know an oracle is capable of. Her eyes though...Alpha Sebastian's are the exact same. Is her upbringing a factor in the way she can use her gifts? I never would have imagined that the Ice Haven Pack could produce someone so diverse. I wonder the exact same thing, why is she here and not with her pack?

"You see," Alpha Kaolin motions to Oracle Amaranth, "I have no doubts that there's a reason you are here. Oracle Amaranth has had visions of you before you even arrived in this world."

"Only me?" Dot questions.

Oracle Amaranth nods, and I breathe a sigh of relief. Princess Edith and I are safe from her scope. Alpha Kaolin admires, "Oracle Amaranth has seen many things..." as his voice trails off, he looks to her, however, we all notice the way her irises shift, a vision in progress.

Vexy's words are barely audible, though I catch her murmur, "This is about to become interesting..." as she says this, I notice that Dot's demeanor shifts slightly. She rises to her feet from the couch, Vexy's eyes following her like a hawk, a grin across her face as I feel the energy a second later surround Dot.