⊰41⊱

Hel's gaze immediately pulls away from our beloved, resting a hand on the door before pulling it inward. While she steps outside, our beloved stutters, "H-Huh...what?"

Confusion is set on his features, my hands motioning for him to stay put as I state, "Hang on."

"Wait?!" He's not sure what's going on as I run right out the front door after Hel.

I can hear Vexy behind me, attempting to make sense of the situation to our beloved, "Aren't they just excited to meet you?" Of course, she does it in a way that will only cause further chaos.

Why did I think it would be a good idea to have a kitsune with us...let alone, one that's void?! Oh yeah, because our queen had such luck with her as an ally prior.

"Vexy!" I snap, though I can't stay behind, trailing after Hel as I call, "What are you doing?!" She says nothing and I yell, "Where do you think you're going?!"

"Where does it look like?" The siren's voice causes my skin to crawl.

"I saw...no matter how brief it was, it was vivid enough!" I snap and step around her, blocking her path. I look straight on at her as her eyes hold mine with a void expression. I state, "Dot was there. How does she feel just walking away from her beloved...our beloved?"

Hel tilts her head to the side, "Simply."

She takes a step around me before I throw my arm out and demand, "What are you doing?"

"I'm going to end this," she nods, looking to me briefly before taking another step. Her gaze turns to irritation when I continue to block her path. She states, "Aeon is already here...go ahead, waste what little precious time we have getting to know your beloved. Waste away what won't matter should we fail. Dot understands what needs to be done, and the sacrifices that must be made."

Is this just Hel trying to have her way...or...?

My heart skips a beat, Hel walking around me and off into the distant forest, breaking past the glamour barrier protecting this pack and coven.

"Just wait for us all to go with you!" I demand, though she doesn't want to listen, or can't. I'm in front of her again, snarling, "We all need each other for this to work! We're stronger together-"

The air leaves my lungs as I'm knocked onto the grass. My heart beats wildly, looking around frantically as tendrils lash onto my wrists and ankles. They pin me solidly to the ground, unable to lift anything as the weight is undeniably crushing. I don't know how that's even possible, though I assume anything is possible in the presence of a god or goddess.

Fear crushed down and bows the center of my chest, staring up at something that hardly resembles Dot. The wispy energy of smoke and dark purplish flecks shrouds her face, though emit from her eyes. Her stature, it's unnerving, the way she stands, the complete and utter dominating aura she exudes...

...I understand now that I pale in comparison.

What I said to Dot, I wish I could take it back. No matter how angry we were with one another, words were said on both ends that can't be taken back, and ring repeatedly in my mind. Vexy said she's still in there, her soul, but it seems that it's flickering and fading fast...

"I am stronger, alone," Hel's voice emits and fills the area around me. She narrows her eyes, "For the way you two play with each other's emotions, it's only destructive. You don't trust her or love her, and she's barely had the mindset to even attempt walking the path of a normal relationship. It's all or nothing in a hybrid ménage, that's the truth that you'll never be able to turn away and run from."

"We can help," I barely recognize my voice.

Hel tells me, "No, you can't."

"Yes, we-"