⊰58⊱

The magic holding Acacia, broken in that one moment, set off a chain reaction that I never could have seen coming...

...her feet touch the ground, her eyes staring in complete confusion as Aeon glances at her, waiting...almost...discerning. I don't see or feel anything different about Acacia...I don't feel the presence I have known as Ekáti's.

Aeon tilts his head with amusement, "Are you too afraid, Ekáti? Afraid to see it all fall once more?"

I exhale sharply when I see Aeon make a move, aiming to strike at Acacia, though in a split second, Tresor appears behind her. In one swift motion, he wraps his arms around her waist and disappears. On the next beat of my heart, I feel arms wrap around me, startled, though I see Nimue's features are demonic in nature as she quickly extracts me from the radius.

When I orient myself next, I see that we are behind a magical barrier...

...Nehalennia.

She stands guard near one of the fallen pieces of ruins, energy radiating off her fur as I can see no one else able to move still. Once past this barrier, I glimpse Acacia shaking with fear, Titan standing near her as he tries to make sure she's okay. As their eyes search one another, I turn while Nimue walks past me, telling her, "Thank you."

"Don't thank me just yet," Nimue nods, though I see a brief, soft smile on her lips.

"I-I-I-" Acacia is shaking as she can't understand what is happening.

Tresor attempts to reassure her, saying, "You need to relax," he is calm with her, kneeling and informing her, "do you remember...that I told you I had a gift for you?"

I furrow my brows, though I remember everything as it comes back.

Acacia slowly nods her head, reminding him, "You said...when I turned eighteen."

"Dot has made it possible for me to bestow it upon you...now," Tresor tells her. He motions for her to come closer, though she looks over him with slight fear, especially when his tail wraps around her. He tells her, "It's okay," he touches his chest and explains, "it's within me to give to you."

Acacia replies, "Okay," before Tresor's lips are close to hers, while she slowly parts her own. Seconds later, my eyes are wide open as I see, the most powerful energy I've ever glimpsed before...it's bright white, that light, it's too much and I glance away, staring off behind Nehalennia and glimpsing...

...Aeon releases a sigh, his attention solely on Dot as it's still her present, "You placed all your hope upon Ekáti, believing you could outsmart me," his stance shifts, watching as Dot shakily stands tall. He chuckles, "All this time wasted, reaching to attain something that is beyond your reach. Fate is written in stone. No matter how to try to deviate from it, you will always find your way back to what is meant to be."

No...

Dot?

I try and reach out, though I feel our connection is barely hanging on by a thread.

Dot takes one step forward, before she falls to one knee, grimacing in pain as she's not healing. Her body can't take was raging within her...

Dot?!

Nothing...

"I'm disappointed," Aeon chuckles, amusement clear as he looks at Dot's body slowly breaking down. She can barely hold her head up, though I don't see tears in her eyes, just...

...determination. Once more before her head falls, watching the agony spread across her features. She's breathing hard, Aeon walking slowly toward her. I can see others...they attempt to move, yet they can't break from Aeon's spell, his magic far beyond this plane of existence.