⊰15⊱

🌕 🌖 🌗 🌘 🌑 🌒 🌓 🌔 🌕

"It's been a long day," I look down at Princess Edith as she squeezes my hand and smiles back at me. She'd been very standoffish since the arrival of her father...I can only imagine what she's thinking...

...seeing her mother and father around her age, I'll be surprised if she isn't mentally scarred in some shape or form. Sounds fun, seeing your parents when they are our age until it happens. It's not something I can relate to for Princess Edith, though I try to empathize as best I can.

"I'm tired..." she rubs her eyes with her free hand, a small yawn leaving her. It's well past time for pups to be asleep, breathing out calmly as I know...

...I've promised two people I care for deeply both my attention tonight. I-

"Merle?" Princess Edith looks up at me again as we walk down the hallway, "Can you and Wyn claim each other already?"

It feels like I've been slapped across the face.

"I—Edith, I..." the words are stuck below the knot that forms in my throat. I attempt to breathe calmly and finally admit, "I'd love to, though you would need to stay with someone else tonight."

Princess Edith looks down and utters, "Oh," she pauses and furrows her brows, "why can't I watch? You're just going to bite each other an-"

Holy shit!

The innocence...

"Edith, listen, honey," I'm gentle as I kneel and see eye to eye with her, "it's not just..." I'm not her father! I should not have to have this...talk...uhh, "...we just need time together, just Wyn and I."

Yes? Please?

Princess Edith releases a sigh, "Okay..." as her voice trails off, she states, "...I get you tomorrow!"

I chuckle and nod, "Promise."

"Pinky swear it!" She puffs up her chest and holds her pinky out. I nod and wrap mine around hers, our touch fading soon after. I'm sure she'll spend the evening with Jelena...I'm not sure if she'll ever be truly comfortable around her mother or father.

The shower is running by the time I return to my room, a smirk on my lips as Wyn has decided to stay with me. I'm sure his room is perfectly fine; I muse while closing the door behind me and locking it shut. I slip my shoes and socks off, my shirt following as I reach the bathroom door and knock on it lightly.

"Yessssss?" Wyn's oddly more outgoing.

"It's me," I reply, "can I come inside?"

He calls back and I nearly fall over, "In every way imaginable!"

Uh.

Furrowing my brows, I open the bathroom door and glance at the glass panes of the shower. I see on the sink countertop that there are a couple of beers, one half-empty.

"Why's this one half-empty?" I chuckle, seeing the work Wyn went at these.

"Look harder!" Wyn falters again and laughs, "It's half full!"

Wyn slides back the shower pane and smiles, "Come in with me."

He's drunk.

Just how much? Is he a lightweight and this is what got him easily? Or is he a hard drinker and I've not seen all the bottles he's emptied?

Okay.

Breathing out slowly, Wyn stands watching me as I undress my pants and boxers, slipping out of them and standing to my full height. He motions for me to join him and I take another deep breath. Crossing the distance to him, Wyn moves back as I slide in through the shower pane.