⊰45⊱

It's been a very long week.

We have spent every waking moment fighting alongside each other. The body count mounts, the piles of corpses those creatures have left behind after their deaths have begun to rot. The stench of rotting flesh permeates the air, sometimes the rancid smell brings us to a breaking point, and we must move further away...

...Dot never falters though.

Aside from having to regenerate the energy, she's spent within that crystal, she's always fighting. She moves faster than Wyn, Kai, and me...it's almost as if she's able to predict their movements slightly, or at least feel when there's going to be a breach.

The seams in the veil are tearing larger from what Nimue has communicated to Dot.

The quiet few moments we have, Dot is near the acidic blood runes, crossing past them and into the high school, trying to seek answers to a question that seems near impossible now to answer...

...how do you remove something an old-world god has enacted on this plane of existence?

Kai and Wyn stand back to back, the air thick with blood as they slash down the last two creatures that made it past Dot. I'm breathing hard, glancing from the area I've stationed myself. Kai and Wyn work well together, more so than they initially believed. Wyn has given Kai a lot of gratitude, for helping him see and understand that there's more to someone than their past...just as he'd done for me. They grow stronger with each passing day, my heart weighing heavy for Dot.

Dot sheathes her weapons and looks to me, "We have about fifteen or so minutes before they breach again."

I nod, Wyn connecting with me seconds later.

Merle...I...I don't know how much longer I can...

Go rest, Wyn. It'll be alright.

The pain within him floods to me and all I want to do is take him away and hold him until that pain is gone. Kai is more resilient, hardly wavering between the breaks we receive. He's also seen a lot worse over his lifetime than Wyn has and needed to adapt a lot quicker to situations and circumstances surrounding them.

Dot knees next to one portion of the acidic blood runes, and I walk over to her. She tells me, "It's either magic that far exceeds anything either Hel or Thea has seen, or a curse..." as her voice trails off, I get a very ominous feeling from her.

"Which one is worse?" I ask with hesitation.

Dot glances up at me to the side and replies, "They are equally comparable as..." while her voice trails off, I see the way her muscles tense. I've seen the look on her face before, right at that moment when she declares, "...as neither I am able to dispel or remove."

"You removed Vexy's curse from me," I point out, trying to see a glimmer of hope.

That glimmer is destroyed when Dot notes, "Vexy is a kitsune, not an old-world god. Speaking of which," Dot rises to her feet and looks around, only for her gaze to land on the portion of the school furthest away. Another breach and the kitsune sparks to life as she plows through creatures, snapping her large and powerful jaws around them. With the five of us, we can maintain the school grounds and the origin point of Aeon's attack. Dot releases a sigh, "I can't say she hasn't been helpful."

"Let's be honest. Vexy is merely doing it for this," I motion to the Star Ball resting on the chain around my neck. A slight smirk forms on Dot's face as she nods.

I'm nearly knocked backward as the ground suddenly bows and bends, though Dot reaches out and grasps the front of my shirt. She's able to stand strong, pulling me upright and I crash right against her. We hold one another, trying to stabilize as I hear Wyn and Kai calling as well, not understanding what's happening.