⊰23⊱

Alpha Sebastian leads Wyn and me across the terrain, heading further toward the enormous structure, the prison of Elysium. The sheer size dwarfs any of us, the shadow cast...menacing. Wyn has said nothing to me since we left Castle Valentine, Alpha Sebastian the one keeping the conversation light.

"It's interesting, to say the least," Alpha Sebastian ponders while approaching the giant doors before us.

"Hm?" I question, glancing at Wyn, only to see his feature sullen.

Wyn, I-

He shuts me out.

Of course, I always fuck everything up. I'm surprised I hadn't done so sooner with Princess Edith.

Alpha Sebastian nods, coming to a halt while the doors slowly begin to open, "Despite how much Wyn over there requested to see Dot," he pauses and turns to me, "she allowed you your request with hardly any push back."

Rose is afraid of the unknown...

...as she stated, unpredictability is her upmost distrust. She wants to observe, see what I do, and for all she knows and understands, she might believe me just as devastating as Dot. Perhaps, this truly is all a trap to imprison me here as well, though I doubt her cunningness runs that deep.

Cormac?

Guaranteed.

No, she doesn't want to give me a reason to retaliate just yet. After all, you offer something small and in return, you expect something.

"Why do you believe she allowed it?" I go on the defense, watching Alpha Sebastian as the doors finally stand wide open. A single female hybrid stands to wait, her fiery red hair falling in braids down her back and over her shoulders. Clear blue eyes stare at me with intrigue, though they quickly look over Wyn and then rest on Alpha Sebastian.

"Greetings, Alpha," she smiles at Alpha Sebastian and he nods at her.

"Alpha Merle, Wyn," Alpha Sebastian motions to the female and introduces, "this is Glofish, the beta of Lailoken Mercer, Alpha of the Vindicator Wardens Pack, guardians of Elysium and enforcers of this world under the crowned Queen of Castle Valentine."

Interesting wording chosen...

...whatever Queen who rules Castle Valentine, Alpha Loki is loyal to and that of his pack.

"It's nice to meet you," Wyn's shyness takes over, even when he wants to show respect.

Glofish steps forward and shakes his hand, though I see how he suddenly winces and pulls away. While he's gasping with wide eyes at Glofish, she tells him, "I'm sorry!" Though she is laughing and chuckles, "I forget my own strength sometimes."

"Wyn is also an omega, so..." Alpha Sebastian chuckles lightly, though claps Wyn on his upper back and states, "...though a fine fighter so long as he's quick to attain the advantage."

I glance at him and see the back of his ears turn red at Alpha Sebastian's comment. Glofish smiles widely and states, "Well, it's a pleasure to meet you. It seems that you and Alpha Sebastian really know one another, huh?"

Wyn nods and says, "He's helped me ever since my dormant gene was unlocked."

"Oh!" She exclaims, "So...you were not just an omega, but a dormant werewolf? Damn!" She appears completely mind-blown, "You truly are amazing, remarkable, you know that?"

I guess she's right...

...despite the odds against him, Wyn truly is something special.

"Anyway," Alpha Sebastian keeps us on point, "by the order of the Hybrid Queen, these two have been granted as visitors to Dot."