f o u r

Frank had become his own contradiction. Despite the fact he constantly complained about school starting too early, this morning he'd entered the school building at ten past eight and rushed upstairs to the art rooms. It was deserted in the mornings; Frank was delighted to see because it meant he could avoid other people before actual lessons started.

Though he'd had to sacrifice sleep in order to achieve getting to school while hardly anyone was there and he was not happy about that.

When Frank opened the doors, he discovered not even Mr Wright was in yet. Glancing in to 169a, he found Mr Way wasn't in either, then retreated to the middle room where he dumped his bag on the table, dug out his headphones and hooked them around his neck.

The plastic was cool on his skin and he shivered, nearly bumping in to the door frame when he left to fetch his art work. Just as he turned around to head back, Mr Way walked through the door, head down and brows furrowed in thought.

Surprised, Frank jumped back. "You're early."

The sound of Frank's voice startled him, though he managed a half smile when their eyes met. "So are you."

Scratching the back of his neck, Frank shuffled on the spot, averting his gaze. "Y-yeah, I thought I'd start on my art." He explained. "You?"

"Oh," he waved a hand dismissively, hanging his bag on the back of the chair, "There's not much of a reason."

Frank would have believed that lie, if Mr Way's voice hadn't wavered. Shrugging his shoulders, he wandered back into the middle room and stayed there, sketching the outline of his first drawing of an apple -really exciting.

Due to the loud music blasting through his headphones, he hadn't heard the bell ring for first lesson. Mr Way had noticed the lack of movement, so he'd had to tell Frank, who then rushed about frantically. In the haze, he forgot to take his phone.

-

He'd breezed through the day, tackling the subjects and working independently with a bit of input from Mr Way in art, however, when he got to last lesson, PE, his body rejected the activity completely and he struggled to keep running around the track in the freezing cold.

Thanks to the miserable weather, his hair was soaked, stuck in mats to his face. Additionally, the rain drenched his clothes, making them terribly uncomfortable to wear, and his vision had become compromised. Overall, he thought it shouldn't be allowed for rotten PE teachers to force them to go outside in the pouring rain.

At least he wasn't alone, though. Brendon shared the same amount of fitness and they'd jogged pathetically behind the others -apart from the ditzy girls who had refused to run, so instead were strolling along with their coats held over their heads like limp umbrellas.

Eventually, the two slowed to a walk and Brendon leaned on Frank for support, but was shoved off, the latter barely able to keep himself upright.

"Hey, come on." Brendon whined, reaching out towards him, stumbling over his own feet. Normally, his hair would spike up in a quiff, but due to the torture they were suffering through, it was flopping over his eyes like a mop.

"No, come on to you. I don't want to look totally unfit to everyone." Frank pushed on ahead, leaving his best friend to trudge along with a stitch in his side.

Honestly, Frank usually enjoyed going out for walks –but in his own time where he couldn't be judged by other people. Plus, he usually ventured around the forest and lake with his camera to take pictures. Running aimlessly in PE was very different to that.

Finally, half three arrived and without hesitation Frank raced to the entrance to the PE department, fortunately getting there before anyone else and yanked the doors open, rushing to the changing rooms. With how self-conscious he was, Frank normally got changed in the toilets where no one could see him. It wasn't like he had anything particularly wrong with his body, he just hated the judgement they'd send his way regardless.