t e n

The rain never seemed to stop in Jersey. Frank swore it had been raining and cloudy for a week straight. Not once had they been blessed with a ray of sunshine. To be fair, though, Frank didn't mind because he hated the sun. It made him tired and hot and he just despised it.

However, now that he was jogging in the freezing cold, he would have appreciated a bit of sun. But to no avail, it remained bad weather for the whole fifty minutes. How he envied the PE teacher that got to stand with a thick coat, gloves and a hat on at the side-lines of the track.

Eventually, by some miracle, Frank caught up with Brendon, who was alone as Ryan wasn't in their PE class.

"Hey," he panted, the cold air leaving his lungs and throat burning.

"I am dying." Brendon replied drearily, seemingly in worse shape than Frank, which they both thought impossible because Frank never exercised unless he had to; regardless of the fact it might improve his health.

"Me too." Reaching forwards, he clasped his hand around Brendon's shoulder and they both soon came to a halt. Frank bent over with his hands on his knees, Brendon substituting Frank's back for a pillow. "You can't use me like that." Frank chuckled, which turned in to a minor coughing fit. He held a hand to his mouth.

"I can do what I please." Brendon retorted, closing his eyes and wishing he could just collapse in to bed and be warm.

"Don't count on it." He straightened up slowly, allowing Brendon time to balance himself again. "When's this hell over?"

Taking a deep breath, setting fire to his lungs, Brendon checked his watch. "Fifteen minutes. . . Fourteen."

"Thank God."

Despite the rain, when the bell rang, they took their sweet time. There was no way Frank was going to try to get changed in thirty seconds to then dash up the stairs after that fiasco. Instead, he was going to wait until all the other students had left the building. Thankfully, Brendon had joined him so he wasn't by himself.

"Maybe I should go to a gym. Then I wouldn't be such a failure in PE." Brendon contemplated, running his hands down his face to wipe off some of the water.

"We've only got till next year and we won't ever have to do it again. There's no point in wasting your time in a gym." Frank countered. "You'd have to pay anyway. Why would you pay for physical torture and embarrassment?"

"Can't argue with that logic." Brendon let out a short laugh, sweeping back his long fringe from his eyes.

By now, the changing rooms were empty and they were free to take as long as they wanted. It was calming to not have to rush.

"But," Brendon continued, "What if I was naked-"

"Why would you be naked?"

"-And I was just this lanky thing underneath these fabulous clothes. I could have actual muscles."

"No. . . I stand by my previous statement." Frank grabbed his bag off the floor, going in to one of the cubicles to change. It was difficult as his wet clothes clung to his skin. Fortunately, he was in no hurry.

After a few minutes, Brendon banged loudly on the door, startling him enough that he let out a small shriek, falling back against the wall opposite. Not to mention the toilet. Thankfully, it was closed.