losing my religion

There's a lot in this.

I think. It felt like a lot while I was writing it.

"Good moaning." Gerard said in a strangely calm voice as Frank shuffled in, not even glancing up from his work.

Blinking hard, Frank almost choked on thin air. "What?" He scoured Gerard's face for some sort of explanation for this weird comment. Maybe he heard wrong?

"I meant good morning." He pressed his lips in to a thin line with a casual shrug of his shoulders, brushing his perfectly knotted hair away from his face, tucking little curls behind his ears. Finally, he looked up. Their eyes met and Gerard smirked, "No I didn't."

Raising his eyebrows, Frank chuckled as he fought off the blush rising to his cheeks. "Someone's in a good mood."

"Is that what this feeling is?" He replied sarcastically. Luckily for him, no one else was there apart from Frank, who had only innocently strolled in to the art department to find Gerard the Sassmeister on the other side, apparently.

"Well," Frank took a deep breath as he dumped his coat and bags. "Good moaning to you too, I guess." He furrowed his brows, desperate to know what cogs were ruling Gerard's brain at that very moment.

"How're you today?" Gerard asked, resting his elbows on the desk, leaning forwards.

"I'm alright." He muttered automatically, going to grab his folder off the shelf.

"I haven't seen you an awful lot lately; you've been off." He paused, chewing his cheek. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah, I just didn't feel like coming in. I wanted to catch up on sleep after getting up so early this past year."

"Oh," Gerard offered a small smile. "I-I was worried something was wrong."

"Nope." He popped the 'p'. "All is well in Ieroville." Frank frowned as he rummaged under a pile of other people's folders because his wasn't there. While he did, he thought aloud, mostly to himself, "They should make that a place. There'd be no mornings and cake for dinner."

"Sounds great. I'd definitely visit Ieroville."

Giving up and turning around, he questioned, "Do you know where my folder is?"

Switching his gaze to the confused Frank, he suddenly realised, "I'm sorry. I must have left it in the staff room. I was marking it. Sorry."

"It's fine; don't worry."

"I'll go get it, if you like?" He suggested, making for the door.

Instantly following after, Frank grinned, "I'll come with you."

It was late in the afternoon, so fortunately there was hardly anyone around -only the first through fifth years had to attend school. Most of the teachers were in classes, so Frank prayed none of them would be in the staff room.

However, it didn't work because there were two other teachers already in there. Before Frank had a chance to walk in, Gerard was putting a hand on his chest to keep him back while he fetched his folder. No students allowed.

"Sorry about that." Gerard reappeared, passing Frank his folder and Frank deliberately made sure their hands touched.

"Tell me in advance next time you wanna violate my personal space bubble." He raised an eyebrow, casting a sideways glance at Gerard as they returned to 169a.

"I'll do what I like." He nudged Frank playfully, and Frank could have sworn he saw him wink. Weird.

Clearing his throat, Frank perched himself on the edge of the nearest table to his desk. "How was your day?" Due to his lie-ins he hadn't really been in school for the mornings, which was usually when they would chat.