e l e v e n

In celebration of the weekend, Frank slept in until one o'clock in the afternoon. There was no reason to get up at all and he revelled in that fact. Unfortunately, though, he grew hungry and reluctantly forced his body out of bed. But that idea was pretty much useless and he dropped to the floor with a loud thud, sending a shock of pain through his knees.

He groaned, scraping his hair back from his face. Sighing, Frank got up, trudging downstairs. He stopped in front of the hall mirror when he caught sight of himself. His hair was quite literally a bird's nest and he could almost hear chirping. Bags were set dark under his eyes, which baffled him because he'd slept well and for hours.

Waving a hand dismissively at his reflection, he continued on to his true goal; food.

Frank raided the cupboards and found nothing good, so when he came across leftover pizza in the fridge, he grinned. Just as he'd taken it and settled himself in the living room on the sofa, a ringing sounded from upstairs and he cursed, throwing the slice of pizza back in to the cardboard box. "I'll be back for you." He grumbled, voice hoarse and quiet.

Once upstairs, he flopped on to his bed, pulling the laptop off his bedside table towards him as he opened it. Brendon's icon was flashing on the screen and when Frank glanced at the number in the corner, he saw he had four missed calls from him; five as the call ended. Then his icon popped up again immediately.

"What the hell can be this important?" He mumbled, finally clicking on the icon. "What?" He rested his head on his hand, giving a deadpan look to Brendon, who seemed frantic on the other side of the screen. His usually styled-to-look-effortless hair was falling over his eyes and the collar of the bomber jacket he wore was skew-whiff.

Despite the fact Brendon had interrupted his pizza feast, he was over the moon that he'd gotten a video chat request from him. They were rare these days.

"How long does it take for you to answer?" Brendon hissed, sending him daggers.

"Well, I was downstairs." Frank grumbled, rolling his eyes. He combed his fingers through his hair so he looked a bit more presentable. "Now, what's so important?"

"Me and Ryan made up."

"Really? That's great." He smiled, fighting away the gut feeling of slight jealousy and disappointment.

Brendon bit his lip anxiously, causing it to bleed. "But I don't think-it's not-he's-" he stuttered, digging his palms in to his eyes in frustration.

"Hey, calm down, what happened?" Frank asked softly, wishing he could put a hand through the screen to try to comfort him. When Brendon failed at stringing a coherent sentence together, Frank suggested, "Do you want to come 'round and talk about it?"

"I-I would, but I'm meeting Ryan soon. That's what I wanted to talk to you about."

"Oh."

"We're meeting at King's later-" King's was the open-all-night café they often visited, "-And that's great, I don't mind, I can't wait, but guess who was with him when he rang me and who's also actually gonna be there?"

"Who?" He frowned, knowing exactly whose name was going to crop up.

"Dallon."

"Dallon? Why? I didn't think-"

"I don't know!" Brendon was close to panicking now. "Do you think Ryan knows it was him who I kissed? Do you think Dallon told him?"