t w e l v e

Honestly, despite the fact Frank's generation was moderately lazy, it was the generations before them that had screwed up their planet. For this reason, he didn't see why he had to endure an hours assembly about how they had wrecked the earth and needed to change it before climate change grew worse.

In addition, he didn't get a chance to hide at the back of the hall where he wanted to; he got stuck in a middle row between two very tall people and he found it incredibly intimidating and unsettling. Anxiety was nagging at him and he just wanted to leave. Behind his back, he could hear people nattering and chuckling, and his brain automatically told him they were laughing at him -which really didn't help.

Trying to take his mind off the hundreds of people all in the one hall, he let his eyes wander around the room, mostly staring at the ceiling. He didn't care what the teacher was saying at all. He'd rather sleep.

Frank's knee bobbed up and down as his foot tapped the floor impatiently. He didn't realise he was doing it until the guy next to him poked him in the arm, sending him a glare that instantly made him stop. Heart beat quickening, his face immediately burned bright red. Suddenly, it felt like a spotlight was on him and he shrank back in to the seat, wishing he was anywhere but there.

Half an hour eventually dragged by and Frank's gaze began to drift again. He subtly moved his head to look around the room when his eyes landed on none other than Gerard, who was directly beside him.

Posture loose, Gerard was leaning casually with his back against the wall, thumbs hooked through belt loops, pulling the waist band of his jeans down a little. Messy black hair spiking where it was particularly tangled and wisps framed his pale face. Although it was pushed back, it still some how managed to fall in to his eyes. Gerard was facing the front, seemingly bored as he chewed his bottom lip. The harsh light from above highlighted how sharp his jawline was.

Frank unknowingly licked his lips and swallowed the lump in his throat, mouth having gone dry.

Gerard's eyes squinted as he turned his head to face Frank after feeling him staring. Their eyes met and Gerard raised his eyebrows. He nodded sideways to the front to tell Frank to focus.

But Frank couldn't focus. He offered a small smile, rolling his eyes, letting Gerard know the assembly was deathly tedious.

Shrugging his shoulders, Gerard mouthed, "I know."

This gave Frank the opportunity to glance at his lips, which he did and his gaze lingered a little longer than intended.

Finally, Frank did as Gerard said and turned to face the front again, a blush creeping up his neck to his cheeks. The room suddenly felt hot and he pulled the collar of his shirt to loosen it.

Little did he know, Gerard's eyes lingered on him for a moment longer too.

-

It was Monday. That meant Frank had to endure physical torture, yet again. However, luckily, by some miracle, one of the receptionists had caught him in his sixth lesson, English, and informed him that Mr Way wanted to see him when the lesson ended. Now, that put a hint of a smile on his miserable face. A few people had glanced weirdly at him as receptionist had called him out, dumping the attention on him, but he kept his head down and tried not to mind too much.

Once the bell had rang, Frank jumped up from his seat, weaved a path through the crowd of hellish students, that were always somehow already six feet tall, and slid in to the art rooms. Thankfully, 169a was completely empty, but Mr Wright had a lesson going on in the adjoining room and some of them turned around when they heard the door open. Facing burning bright red, Frank ducked in to 169a and pressed his back to the wall.