f o r t y t h r e e

"Good morning." Gerard murmured, brushing Frank's hair behind his ear to kiss his cheek. Although Frank's eyes were closed, he knew he was awake as there was a smile tugging at his lips. He sighed sarcastically, "If you're asleep, I guess I better stop kissing you."

One of Frank's eyes opened, and his smile grew wider. "No, never stop kissing me." He brought a hand up to tangle it in Gerard's hair, pulling him down to press their lips together.

"I had fun last night." Gerard grinned, reluctantly pulling away, though he shifted so he was practically lying on top of him, resting his chin on his arms on Frank's chest, gazing down at him.

"Me too."

Gerard trailed patterns over Frank's neck with his finger, causing him to shiver. "Fancy doing it again?"

"Are you asking me out, Mr Way?" Frank chuckled. His heart was already beating quite fast because Gerard was stretched out on top of him, and he was sure he was about to have a heart attack.

"Of course." He smiled.

"I'd love to."

"Wonderful." Gerard said, eyes sparking to life. "I might have been planning it in my head while you were sleeping."

That was it, Frank exploded, unable to stop smiling. "You're so cute."

"You're adorable." He replied, tapping Frank's little nose. "And you snore when you sleep." Then he trailed his finger down to Frank's lip ring, which he thought suited him well and made him look even prettier –if that was possible.

"So do you."

Gerard narrowed his eyes sceptically, "How do you know?"

"I watch you sleep." Frank deadpanned, earning a playful slap on the arm.

"Creep."

-

Sadly, they both knew Gerard couldn't stay forever, though Frank really wanted him to. After all, his parents weren't coming back for another two days, and if Gerard went home, they'd both be alone, so there wasn't really a good enough reason why he had to go, was there?

Just as Gerard shrugged on his jacket, Frank spoke up hesitantly, chewing his lip, "What if-what if you didn't leave?"

"What do you mean?"

"I-I mean, what's the point of you leaving? Like, we're going to meet again to go out in a few days, and until then we'll both just be sat in different houses," he swallowed the lump in his throat. "So, why. . . Why go?"

"I. . . I have work stuff to do, you know?" He let out a long breath. "And so do you."

"Do it here." He suggested hopefully.

"Frankie." Gerard whined, because it was very tempting. "I can't stay here all the time, and you know it."

Sighing, he glanced away, staring at the oh so fascinating carpet. "I know. I'm just-" He cut himself off. Honestly, the reason why he didn't want Gerard to leave so badly was because he was kind of very lonely, but he didn't want Gerard to know that as he thought it sounded pretty pathetic. His parents had fucked off again and he didn't really have Brendon anymore.

Gerard put a hand on Frank's shoulder, the other brushing the hair away from his face so he could meet his eyes. "How about I stay for the day, yeah?"

Frank nodded, brightening up a bit.

"Plus it's better if we don't see each other before our date because, having been apart, you'll be excited to see me."

He smiled for the millionth time that morning, "I'm always excited to see you." Then he placed his hands on Gerard's hips, leaning in to kiss him. It was softer and slower than any other kiss they'd shared, and Gerard's hands ended tangled up in his hair.