t h i r t y t w o

Before the real exams started, Frank had to finish photography work, which was two photoshoots and then analysis. To do this he'd decided to go to the woods as it was pretty obvious because nature was his theme and he wanted pictures of the lake and rivers.

It was a huge vast forest that he was going to, meaning it was kind of extremely creepy to venture in to by yourself. There'd even been a dead body found in the lake once, and they claimed it was an accident, but Frank wasn't going to take any stupid chances.

That's why at ten o'clock on a Saturday morning, Frank was stood in front of Gerard's front door, weighing the pros and cons of actually knocking. Now, Gerard hadn't given him his address and he'd never been to his house, though last year Gerard had said: "I live right opposite the bus stop next to the park."

Maybe it was a bit weird.

Either way, Frank had spent the past half an hour figuring out where the bus stop was on which street and had walked up to the house right opposite it. Luckily, he didn't have to worry about which side of the street it'd be on because on the right side of the road was the park with the lake.

Taking a deep breath, Frank raised his hand and knocked loudly on the door, hoping he had the correct house. He shoved his hands in his pockets.

There was no answer for a few minutes as Gerard could even be asleep, and he considered leaving to accept the risk of being murdered –it was a stupid idea, anyway-, but as he'd gotten to the garden gate, the lock clicked and the door opened.

"Frank?" Gerard had the most bewildered expression on his face, and no one could blame him.

"Hi." He said awkwardly, shuffling over, suddenly feeling embarrassed. A lot could go wrong.

"What are you doing here?" Gerard lowered his voice, and stepped out, closing the door quietly behind him.

"I-" It was then that Frank noticed Gerard was only wearing a loose tank top and shorts that were cut off too high to be men's clothes –or perhaps he'd done it himself. Shaking his head, he darted his gaze elsewhere. "I was wondering if you'd help me with my photography?"

"You could have asked me yesterday at school." He raised his eyebrows. The question of how Frank had gotten his address in the first place completely slipped his mind.

"No, I mean, like," He sighed, "I have to take pictures, a-and the woods is creepy. . . Will you come with me?"

Furrowing his brows, Gerard wrapped his arms around his waist in the chilly spring air. He glanced around. "Are you sure that's a good idea?"

"No, but I need the company, and Brendon is visiting his grandparent's in East Brunswick." He chewed his cheek. "Plus, you're pale as fuck."

"So are you."

"Good point." Frank clapped his hands together, a small smile on his face. "We both need vitamin D, so come with me." He paused, giving his best puppy eyes. "Please?"

Gerard bit his lip, scratching his fingers through his hair. "Uhm," he hesitated, "Give me a minute to get ready, yeah?"

"Okay." Frank tried to keep the huge grin off his face. They were going somewhere together, and it wasn't on school grounds –though nothing could be more special than Christmas Eve had been. At least in the woods they didn't have the chance of being seen.

Fifteen minutes later, Gerard appeared at the door again, wearing skinny jeans, a black shirt and a long coat that whipped around his ankles and a collar that only averted attention to his sharpened his jawline. Frank hopped down from where he'd been sitting on the wall, admittedly checking him out.