t h i r t y

Obviously, Gerard had been in no fit state to drive home, or even walk for that matter. Frank hadn't known what to do except wait with him until he was well enough. However, when the clock had struck six o'clock and Gerard hadn't stirred, he'd known he had to think of something better.

Frank had supposed he could have taken Gerard to his house to look after him there, but then he'd remembered that Gerard had a boyfriend who was most likely worried. So, tentatively, Frank had temporarily stolen Gerard's phone, scrolled through his contacts, then texted Bert to come pick him up.

Around half an hour later, he'd arrived and Frank had helped him carry Gerard and his belongings in to the car.

The impression he'd gotten from Bert was that he was a sharp character. He wasn't the type of person that Frank had imagined him to be as he didn't think Gerard would date someone like that. Not because of his appearance, but personality. Though he did seem a bit rough with his long shaggy hair and deep set eyes.

Bert hadn't hung around and barely said two words to Frank, which he really hadn't complained about because he -hated to admit it- was a little jealous.

That'd been a few weeks ago now, and Gerard hadn't shown up drunk since, which Frank was thankful for because he wanted him to be okay. So far, the worst he'd watched Gerard fall to was yelling in lesson, though Frank thought that Gerard was more or less aiming the shouting at himself rather than the actual class.

Frank wouldn't say he'd been tip-toeing around, but he'd been a lot more gentle with him, despite if anything was his fault or not. Regardless, they seemed to maintain the comfortable friendship they'd created –that was what Frank wanted to keep more than anything.

For this reason, he hadn't mentioned the bruises, the random marks on his skin, or the fact he'd actually limped in to school once. He cared immensely for Gerard, he did, but he didn't want to pry and ruin whatever they had. Last time he'd brought it up, it seemed to trigger or anger him as it was a sensitive subject.

Though Frank had made a promise that if it ever got too far, he was going to do something about it. The problem was, he didn't exactly know who was harming him. Bert was his main suspect, but he couldn't blame everything on him when he didn't even have proper proof.

-

Currently, Frank was sat in music with Brendon. They'd had to pair up to create a practice piece for their mock exams, and they'd automatically gone with each other. They were both secretly pleased. Although it was a little awkward at first, they managed to get along like they used to.

They were in one of the sound proof rooms, bouncing lyric ideas off one another, while figuring out the rhythm of the song. Frank was mostly spilling out lines because he was good with words, and Brendon was strumming on the acoustic guitar.

Frank couldn't get Gerard singing for his birthday out of his head and he ended up staring off in to the distance, a ghost of a smile on his lips. October seemed like ages ago for it was March now.

"Earth to Princess." Brendon waved a hand in front of his face, successfully startling Frank, who shuffled back a bit.

"What?"

"You're away with the fairies." He chuckled, earning narrowed eyes in return.

"I am not." He huffed, folding his arms over his chest. "I'm just thinking."

Wigging his eyebrows suggestively, Brendon nudged him in the ribs and said in a sing-song voice, "About who?"

A blush bloomed on his cheeks, eyes slightly wider. "What makes you think I'm thinking a-about someone?" He asked curiously because if Brendon could notice, then Gerard probably could too and that would be extremely awkward. I'm just thinking about making out with my insanely hot art teacher, nothing unusual.