halloween

Finally, the goddamn day he'd been waiting for had arrived. Like any other teenager, he celebrated Halloween by watching horror films and stuffing his face full of sugar, though it was even more than that to Frank; it was his birthday.

Often, when he told people this, there were only two types of reactions he expected (and secretly hoped for): "That's so cool!" or something along the lines of "Satan's child." Honestly, it was ridiculous, but it made him laugh, so he chose not to mind.

However, this Halloween had been by far the most weirdest, yet wonderful, birthday he'd ever experienced -all thanks to Gerard.

-

To celebrate Halloween, the whole school was smothered in decorations. There were huge fake spiders hanging from the ceilings, spider webs draped over the doors and strung up the stairs; black and orange bunting was hanging from light to light; and there were Halloween stickers stuck on the windows. Frank never used the cafeteria, but he was sure there would be a Halloween themed menu.

In the art department, people had created 'spooky' drawings specifically for this day and stuck them to the walls. Frank was discussing them with Gerard before they'd had to stop because someone strolled in.

"Hello, princess." Brendon greeted with a wicked smirk, slumping in to a chair.

Furrowing his brows, he leaned back a little, narrowing his eyes at him sceptically. "What's happened? Why're you smiling like that?" Frank's eyes grew wide as Brendon only tilted his head down and looked at him maniacally through his hair.

"Halloween."

"Yes, well done." Frank said sarcastically, rolling his eyes. He loved Brendon and his strangeness, but Gerard was sat at the desk and he felt rather awkward with him there while he was talking to another person. It was like he was an audience. "And?"

"It's your birthday!" Brendon grinned, slamming his hands down on the table.

Instantly, Frank leapt forwards, clapping a hand over Brendon's mouth. "Shh!"

Scowling, he licked his palm, causing Frank to grimace and pull back. "What?" He whispered, somewhat annoyed and confused. "Is it some big secret now?"

"Yes." He deadpanned, casting a quick glance at Gerard, who, luckily, seemed to be taking no notice of them, typing away furiously on the keyboard.

Huffing, Frank grabbed Brendon's hand, dragging him in to the middle room (they'd have to go in there soon, anyway, lunch was almost over and they had art next).

"Watch it." Brendon hissed, nearly tripping over his own bag. "What's the big deal?"

Frank shut the door, leaning back against it. It was nearly the end of the day, though he still had absolutely no energy to carry on. And honestly, he didn't want Gerard to know it was his birthday because -knowing Gerard- he'd want to get him something, or feel bad for not getting him anything in the first place.

This time, he caught his words before he spoke about their art teacher. "Mr Way is right there."

"So?"

Folding his arms across his chest, Frank opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. He couldn't find a reason as to why he didn't want Gerard to know that didn't sound weird. Although he was his friend, he was still his teacher, and they both knew that people would find that odd.

Eventually, he let his arms drop and sighed, "It just is."

"Okay?" Brendon furrowed his brows before an excited expression overtook his features. "Anyway, guess what."