t w e n t y

The ongoing wind and rain was getting awfully tedious. Yes, winter was his favourite season, but couldn't there have been more variety? Snow, sleet, hail, ice, frost, fog -Frank would even welcome a bit of sun at this point. Anything besides wind, rain, more rain, heavier rain, then wind again.

However, he couldn't complain too much. The rain was the reason Gerard had stayed over. It was three days ago. Frank was still buzzing.

It was weird; all these mixed up feelings he had for him that somehow developed in to a crush. A very stupid one at that. They'd only known each other three months -if that.

It wasn't like Frank could vent to anyone either, unless he decided to make friends with the ginger cat that prowls around his house, and meows like the king of England.

Loneliness was his only conclusion. It had to be. But that somehow didn't make the way he felt any less real.

God, it sucks.

With a sigh, Frank traipsed up the stairs to the art department, carrying his feet like heavy weights melded to his legs. Even though it was time for his favourite lesson, he didn't feel like going. Yesterday, Gerard hadn't been in school, and Frank feared he was the reason. Now, he was simultaneously wishing Gerard was in and he wasn't.

Taking a deep breath, he poked his head around the wall in to 169a, hoping someone other than Gerard wouldn't see him. Though he didn't have to worry about that because Gerard was in fact sat at his desk, marking papers. But Frank could only see the back of his head as he was swivelled around in his chair, facing the window.

Perfect. He thought, sneaking in to the middle room unnoticed.

-

Obviously, Frank couldn't just chill there for the rest of the day. He still had to collect his folder, be there for the register and actually do something productive. But he didn't do any of those things. Instead, he remained there, slightly scared, chewing his lip. His excuse was that his arse had been glued to the chair and he couldn't move.

Pretty lame, but you never know, some people might just be that stupid.

The bell rang, shooting doubt in to his well-thought-through lie.

Frank panicked, digging random sketches out of his bag to attempt to pass it off as artwork. He listened to the tens of footsteps that shook the floor, then waited patiently as he faintly heard Gerard's weary voice list names off the register. Then-

"Frank?"

Oh, crap.

"Frank?"

Silently, Frank stayed put, sending thoughts through the walls to Gerard, praying he would come to him instead. He didn't believe in magic, but that's just what Gerard did.

A few minutes later, the door clicked open and Gerard shuffled in. As usual, his hair was complete chaos, flicking up at his temples and flopping over his eyes. He'd abandoned the smart teacher look for the day with his Morrissey t-shirt and tattered grey jeans.

"I brought your stuff." He shut the door, then spread the folder out on the desk.

"Thank you."

"Is there anything I can help you with before I go back to that riot?" He sighed, gesturing to the class next door. It was then that Frank noticed the restlessness in his movements, but the way he also had to drag himself, something weighing on him.

"Uhm," Frank flicked through his project. So far, he'd done two pen and pencil drawings of Brendon, and a few watercolour tests for the eyes. What he had left to do was a huge A2 final piece, a couple more smaller paintings and an evaluation. Not to mention, he had to do last year's work, too. He slouched. "I'm bad at painting?"