t w e n t y s i x

Again, like Frank had a personal grumpy cloud that followed him everywhere, it was raining; not the snow that he'd prayed for. Ever since it dropped below freezing, he was hoping it'd snow hard, and he'd get a day off school. But, no.

Due to this weather, Frank was actually considering shaving his hair off because when he showed up for school that morning, it was in absolute tangles. Rapunzel probably didn't even know the struggle.

Luckily, he got in at twenty to eight, so he had time to attempt to sort it out. He didn't own a comb –a mistake he now hated himself for- and there probably wasn't one in the art rooms. That was unless Gerard had one hidden somewhere, but going by how wild Gerard's hair was, Frank bet he didn't.

The only warning Gerard gave of his presence when he entered the room while Frank was distracted, glaring at the mirror, was a supressed laugh. "Nice hair." He slipped his satchel off his shoulder, setting it on the desk with a dull thud –his laptop was in there.

Startled, Frank jumped, quickly pulling his hood over his head. "I could say the same to you." He retorted, though Gerard suited his unruly hair, and he didn't. Unfair, or what.

Gerard just smiled. "How was your morning?"

"Well," Frank sighed, sliding on to the counter next to the sink, only just avoiding sitting on paintbrushes. "You can guess." He gestured to his current dishevelled state, flailing his arms about in annoyance.

"If only force fields existed." He shook off his denim jacket, hanging it over the back of the chair. "Then we could defend ourselves against the wind."

"I hope that technology'll exist in the future –while we're still alive- as long as the robots don't rise up and take over the world."

Gerard chewed his lip. "I don't think that'll happen any time soon. I mean, my laptop barely works so I don't think it could kill me."

Kicking his legs back and forth, Frank smiled, "That's why I said in the future."

"Still." He pressed his lips in to a thin line, one corner of his mouth twitching up in to half a smile.

Huffing, Frank twisted around to check his hair in the mirror. It was still matted as hell. He raked his fingers through it, trying to get the knots out, but it only pulled on the strands of his hair, and it hurt. "This sucks." He whined.

Eyes flicking over to Frank, Gerard got an idea. "I can help you."

"How?"

"I can plait it?" He shrugged, receiving a very confused expression. "Or not?"

Hopping off the counter, he wandered over to him as he untangled his fingers from his hair. "Are you serious?"

"No?" Gerard chuckled, slightly nervous as he now felt like he was under a spotlight. "I was only joking."

It was quite a girly thing to do, he supposed. Frank had never seen anyone but a girl with plaits in their hair, and he didn't like the idea of possibly being bullied throughout the day for having a girlish hairstyle. Though he thought it'd be rather funny to have Gerard style his hair, so he hesitantly agreed. "Okay."

"Okay what?" Gerard furrowed his brows.

"You can plait my hair."

"Really?" He was a bit more eager than he should have been.

"Yeah." He nodded, a faint blush rising to his cheeks. Mostly, Frank just wanted to be able to sit there for however long it took while Gerard ran his fingers through his hair. Truth be told, the mere thought of it sent tingles down his spine.